Children's Hospital Boston

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston

a great place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

love the co-workers and user community. Really wonderful users that make your day special with appreciation and understanding the contribution of your work.

Cons

flat structure so hard to get promoted.

reward the talents and be flexible to keep the best.

188 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Boston (View Most Recent)

The clinic of Developmental Medicine is a revolving door. Management needs better managerial and people skills.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Children's Hospital Boston full-time

Pros

Great benefits package. The benefits cover tuition, medical and dental suitable for a family. The tuition benefits is one of the better packages compared to other employers. The clinician's are great.

Cons

The Developmental Medicine clinic is poorly managed and understaffed. The administrative supervisors fail to listen and offer support to staff creating a revolving door in the department. Many employed in the department are overworked, underpaid, stressed and are unsupported by management and HR.

The admin staff work hard. Quit belittling and berating administrative staff and work to support your team.

Pathology lab disintegrating rapidly due to bully administrative manager

Current Employee - Histology in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Histology in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The dedication of the doctors to provide the best healthcare for children is unsurpassed.

Cons

Working in the pathology lab I am shocked at the treatment of long time lab professionals. To say there is favoritism is a tremendous understatement. I and others witnessed a long time employee who was the glue that held so much together, getting screamed at and berated just hours after being informed that their mother had passed away. This employee worked through breaks, lunches, and stayed late as others arrived late and could have cared less about the importance of duties. The lab is losing people left right and sideways due to a bully administrator. It is shocking that higher ups and the Pathology doctors are turning a blind eye to this behavior. I took this job to be able work with and learn from one of the best histologists in the business. After over a decade of service this person was bullied into leaving. One of the first things she said to me “when it gets difficult just remember, there is a child behind everything we do.” Never have I worked with a more dedicated professional. Two more people left this week before securing new employment. That says a lot about how nasty this manager is to those he targets.

It’s time to pay attention as some of the best have chosen unemployment to escape being relentlessly bullied.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston