Children's Hospital Boston

www.childrenshospital.org
  www.childrenshospital.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston

Boston Children's Hospital. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Good benefits.

Cons

No performance based bonus plan.

Continue to find ways to retain employees.

207 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Boston (View Most Recent)

Research Assistant II

Current Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Research Assistant II in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was a Research Assistant II from Nov. 2007- Sept. 2010. CHB was a wonderful place to work for so many reasons: great benefit package, productive work environment, collaboration, ability to network with colleagues within CHB and other institutions to advance career and go back for graduate school.

Cons

The con for being a RA II and living in Boston is the lower pay scale, but I'm unsure if this is consistent with other research institutions.

My direct supervisor was truly wonderful and one of the most organized, professional people I've met in the field.

No accountability

Former Employee - Coordinator
    Former Employee - Coordinator

I worked at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The mission is undeniably amazing. The children's faces and doctors breakthroughs should be enough to inspire anyone. Innovative and life-saving, every day!

Cons

The hospital went through lay-offs, cutbacks - everything from canceling all staff celebrations to only offering pale yellow post-it notes. However, while the talk of money being so tight was rampant, I was witness to excessive unnecessary spending by high level employees who sit in their cushy offices. You would think that a place that is laying off Child Life Specialists and cutting program funding would be more considerate when letting their management team stay in five star hotels and expense private drivers. It's hard to be a happy employee when I don't get a raise or a holiday party and have to see the management make $500k-$1M a year.

Re-examine your priorities which should be the children, and then the employees, with yourself being last. There is no accountability.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston