Children's Hospital Boston

www.childrenshospital.org
  www.childrenshospital.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston

Lack infrastructure for career development, management need to reward hard workers

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Harvard teaching school, prestigious insititution

Cons

Salary is low, there's always more work with the same pay

Offer more opportunities for growth

200 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Boston (View Most Recent)

Hired Prematurely

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Children's Hospital Boston part-time

Pros

The hiring process was straightforward and moved quickly. For the most part, everyone I was in contact with was very nice.

Cons

I was an official employee for only a few hours. I was offered a position, filled out the proper paperwork, was cleared by Occupational Health, picked up my badge, and then was notified that there was no money to fund the position. I was one of two people hired. I acted professionally and respectfully, and was disappointed that I did not get a reply from my would be manager after reaching out. HR did apologize on behalf of the department, but I feel that it was unprofessional to not receive a response directly.

Do not offer employment prematurely to move the process along. Be honest about situation and funding (i.e "We would like to make an offer, but are still waiting on final funding approval.").

Cancerous working conditions

Former Employee - Former Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

employee benefits, excellent patient care

Cons

it is an physician, hr, and management ego driven environment that runs the place instead of common sense.

how about paying for an outside consulting firm to review the hr department. the hr department sucks especially one person in particular who likes to brown nose to dumb managers and physicians to spite good employees. hr doesn't know how to keep things confidential. hr can intimidate hard working dedicated employees because they have been informed by a physician who doesn't have common sense or because he/she doesn't like being outsmarted by a smart employee. hr takes the side of physicians and managers who don't know operations. managers should also be evaluated because some of them have been there too long and don't know what they are doing or how to treat employees. the place is such a stressful place to work and can cause you serious health problems if you don't pay attention to your body.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston