Children's Hospital Boston

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston

Did not have courtesy to get back to me regarding stays after 4 interviews

Current Employee - Program Administrator in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Program Administrator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits package is one of the best around compared to other area hospitals. Staff seem to be knowledgeable of their profession.

Cons

With Children's Hospital being such a large organization it is easy to be considered as a number and not person.

I applied for a position and went on 4 different interviews throughout the process ultimately reaching a point of having to provide references. I thought that was a good sign but at that point I never heard back from the staff of the department or HR regarding my status. After all the time spent on interviewing for the position I thought I reached the level of being able to get a response I received the job or not. I was completely turned off by the process and organization

207 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Boston (View Most Recent)

Lack infrastructure for career development, management need to reward hard workers

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Boston full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Harvard teaching school, prestigious insititution

Cons

Salary is low, there's always more work with the same pay

Offer more opportunities for growth

Hired Prematurely

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Children's Hospital Boston part-time

Pros

The hiring process was straightforward and moved quickly. For the most part, everyone I was in contact with was very nice.

Cons

I was an official employee for only a few hours. I was offered a position, filled out the proper paperwork, was cleared by Occupational Health, picked up my badge, and then was notified that there was no money to fund the position. I was one of two people hired. I acted professionally and respectfully, and was disappointed that I did not get a reply from my would be manager after reaching out. HR did apologize on behalf of the department, but I feel that it was unprofessional to not receive a response directly.

Do not offer employment prematurely to move the process along. Be honest about situation and funding (i.e "We would like to make an offer, but are still waiting on final funding approval.").

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Boston