Children's Hospital Central California

www.childrenscentralcal.org
  www.childrenscentralcal.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Central California

Such a great experience. Loved it. But some nurses were pretty rude.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Madera, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madera, CA

I worked at Children's Hospital Central California

Pros

Working at childrens' hospital was a great experience and personal growth opportunity for me. I really enjoyed the upbeat environment of the playroom. There was always something going on around the hospital and other employees were very friendly and open to meeting new people.

Cons

Often when I would go to check up on children, some nurses would be very rude to me. I would ask a question and they would respond in a very rude manner or barely even answer my question at all. I felt as if they didn't not respect me whatsoever.

As a whole, leadership does a decent job with their employees. I would just like to see them encouraging their employees to have better attitudes toward other employees to create a more wholesome and united environment.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Central California (View Most Recent)

Used to be a good place to work.

I worked at Children's Hospital Central California full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Never a dull moment. There was always something going on. Proven ability to function on a tight budget. Tremendous potential yet to be met.

Cons

This place has gone downhill. When I first started working here, it was a good place to work, but over the years I had witnessed a downward spiral in the company culture and mentality. The patient has lost its status as highest priority. There is no change here, just a commitment to the same ol' same ol'. Common sense? Extinct here. Management is going insane by telling employees that things are going to get better by doing the same thing. Then what happens? Things get worse! There exists a culture of doing the same thing over and over again with the same results. The workload has increased with not enough resources, and management won't budge on hiring more employees to ease this burden. As a result, current employees feel overworked and overstressed.

There exists obvious favoritism in this organization. The weakest links and unqualified get hired and recognized while the strongest performers get punished, disrespected and underappreciated. Teamwork is like a foreign language in this organization. Employees are generally selfish and do not know how to work together. There is no sense of community or support here, rather diverted blame and no accountability. Employees are more concerned with being lazy, incompetent, childish, spiteful and apathetic. Basically, they go to work for the paycheck. The atmosphere of incessant chatter, ear-piercing laughter, constant absenteeism, distractions such as singing/humming, foot-tapping/stomping, gum-snapping, phone vibrating and personal phone calls on work time is not conducive to productivity and does not create camaraderie.

Bad hires have contributed to a very hostile work environment and have lost this organization a lot of money. The lack of change in this place only perpetuates this and chases off the best workers. This place has suffered a decline, and as a result, has a very long road ahead of it.

Provide much better leadership. Stop abuse of power, stop the micromanagement, eliminate the condescending behavior and get rid of the status quo. Become agents of change in order to create a culture of change for the better. LISTEN to the employees' concerns. When there is a problem, be proactive in getting to the root of it, and fix it. Do not ignore the problem or cover it up while letting it get worse. Do not fix what isn't broken. For example, if a certain software was functioning properly, do not get new software that is not user friendly and causes productivity problems. Stop the competing priorities. The highest priority is the patient. Management and HR need to make much better hires, and provide better onboarding and training to new hires. If there are employees that need improvement, implement an effective performance improvement plan. If they cannot or will not improve after all efforts have been made, do not retain them. Stop the reactive mentality and become much more proactive within reason. If you want the best and brightest, then look for them and hire them, don't just settle for someone without the proper credentials, experience, maturity and quality.

Proud to work at a company that fills a great need in the area.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madera, CA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Central California

Pros

Mission - provide outstanding healthcare to children regardless of their ability to pay.

Cons

Very conservative, need to consider suggestions and not be so quick to dismiss ideas.

React and implement ideas from employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Central California

Worked for Children's Hospital Central California? Contribute to the Community!