Children's Hospital Colorado

www.childrenscolorado.org
  www.childrenscolorado.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Colorado

The most frustrating and disappointing place I have ever worked.

Former Employee - Systems Network Engineer in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Systems Network Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Children's Hospital Colorado

Pros

If altruism and a sense of doing something good for your community is important to you in a career then The Children's Hospital is an excellent place to work. Additionally, the hospital does do a good job promoting a work life balance for all of it's employees.

Cons

Senior management does a poor job of understanding IT. Internal promotion is almost non-existent. Seniority is valued to highly; I worked with dozens of people who were unqualified to perform their jobs and had held the same position for ten or more years. The hiring practices in senior management are questionable at best. On more than one occasion an unqualified senior manager was replaced with a less qualified senior manager.

Learn to take advice from your staff. The people who work day to day with your patients and support structure often have a much better idea of what they need to improve their work environment and the service to your patience than you do.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Colorado (View Most Recent)

Clinical care excellent, Executive management practices ancient

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Children's Hospital Colorado full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Mission, and care at all acuity levels is terrific - I would not take my child anywhere else.

Passionate and talented clinical at nearly every level, across all service lines.

Strong identity that the community loves.

Cons

Non-clinical executive management is rife with favoritism and unqualified leaders; very little communication down the ranks while worker bees' teams have been severely cut and managers expected to facilitate twice the amount of work with little guidance on strategy from above.

Morale among non-clinical managent is at an all-time low. Gossip mill.

Leadership at odds, not a cohesive unti.

While the clinical care is progressive, the business end is akin to early 90s practices.

Hospital

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Children's Hospital Colorado full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Expertise, caring, senior leadership team

Cons

Meetings, work life balance, commute

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Colorado