Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

www.chkd.org
  www.chkd.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

Underpaid, underappreciated w/unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Norfolk, VA
Former Employee - Certified Medical Assistant in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The children.
The impact you can make on the family of a sick child is all the gratitude I need.
The doctor I worked under was amazing & we kept in touch long after I left the practice.

Cons

Besides being completely underpaid, management was very cruel and played favorites; enjoyed pitting colleagues against one another.
Got to the point where I hated coming to work.

A new manager altogether would be a wise idea.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters (View Most Recent)

The only reasons to work here are the patients

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

Pros

Only pediatric hospital in the immediate area, great staff physicians, amazing patients, strong community support

Cons

Poor pay, poor benefits, employees are very condescending towards each other creating a negative work environment, managers play favorites, difficult to get time off, hospital offers tuition assistance however makes it difficult to claim, raises are few and far between, raises are small when given, hospital does not recognize employees for excellent work, "guilty until proven innocent" frame of mind

Support your employees; all the good employees are leaving for hospitals that treat them better, and it's beginning to show in the quality of care.

They are not well knowledgeable and very disrespectful. the office is Do As I Say, Not As I Do

Former Employee - Patient Services Representative/Front Desk Receptionist in Newport News, VA

I worked at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters

Pros

If you like working with children and you enjoy children then that will be the main reason you will like it. Noting else in order for you to even be remotely appreciated you need to be a nurse, thats it hands down. if you do any other job in the office its not recognized.

Cons

There are too many to name, a few environment, the doctors, no increase, no promotions etc... Management's not good. It does not matter how many times you contact human resource they do not seem to help you and even when they do management will put a bulls eye on your back and will pick on you until you decide to leave. The office is run in the manner of "Do As I Say, But Not As I Do". They do not practice what they preach and the Doctors, are very uptight and they do not appreciate anything that the staff does. They yell a lot and do not have any sense of decency and management will put non-certified individuals in positions that they are not certified to be in and are not educated to be in. On a whole this company will make you loose your religion. This company is not worth you loosing your sanity over neither yourself.

Head office needs to do a clean sweep of management all around. Management is not helpful and will not assist you if you have medical issues that need to be taken care of.