Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters
www.chkd.org Norfolk, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great for starting a career but lacking in advancment

IS Applications Specialist (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time for more than a year

ProsThey tend to grab people with little to no experience. So this can be great for someone getting out of college or starting a new career path. There is also a general sense of community where everyone knows it's all about helping the children.

ConsThe pay is horrible and you don't get any raises or promotions. there is virtually no room for advancement. A lot of the employees including management have been there for 10+ years and have strong bias towards new comers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter 2 years management tends to treat you like your as new as the employee they just hired. there is a tendency for them to only trust employees there for 10 years or more.

CHKD

Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Giving our time to the children is so rewarding. … Cons: Medicare drive a lot of our funds. Advice to Senior Management: No amount of money spent on employee appreciation is too… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It could be so much more...

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: There are a lot of friendly people to work with,… Cons: It doesn't have a merit based pay initiative, it only gives out a cost of living wage, and even that is taken away when finances… Advice to Senior Management: You shouldn't be afraid of what is the right thing… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters.

Worked for Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters CEO Jim Dahling. All reviews posted anonymously by Children's Hospital Of The King's Daughters employees.