Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland
www.childrenshospitaloakland.org Oakland, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Inpatient pharmacy-TOXIC environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

ProsGood working relations with a handful of inpatient pharmacy staff (a couple of pharmacists and technicians), the medical residents, patients, janitorial staff and some nurses.

ConsThe inpatient pharmacy department is a high-school playground with many bullies/queen-bees. The management is well aware of the work place bullying going on but refuses to do anything. Quite simply put the management panders to the bullies. There are employees in the inpatient pharmacy that are targeted, harassed, bullied, and discriminated against by fellow employees and management rewards them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe inpatient pharmacy management and the human resources department (who are well aware of the atrocities going on in the inpatient pharmacy) are part of the problem. They have been given tons of advice but refuse to do anything.

A nice place to work

Study Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Oakland, CA

I worked at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits (not as good recently though, I heard) and flexible working conditions. The people that work there are pretty great, mostly - friendly… Cons: If you are a non-clinical person, you are at the lowest tier of the totem pole and they will give you as much… Advice to Senior Management: Utilize all of your employees to their full potential, try… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome mission, awesome people, awesome benefits.

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland

Pros: Many people have been working 20+ years here for a reason. The pay is great, and… Cons: Communication about future plans could be better. Most information regarding major changes seems… Advice to Senior Management: We know you are committed to the cause, but it would be helpful if… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland.

Worked for Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland CEO Frank Tiedemann. All reviews posted anonymously by Children's Hospital & Research Center at Oakland employees.