Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Great place to work

Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at CHOP opens so many doors and is a really great work environment. People really care about research and clinical practice and making sure that kids have better experiences here.

Cons

It is hard to find out when positions are open.

Create a more streamlined process to become an employee.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity to see Hospitals in a different light

Former Employee - Part Time Parc Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Part Time Parc Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I met many different doctors and patients from all different walks of life. I enjoyed seeing how a Hospital is maintained and run, instead of just seeing it as a place for treatment. I met many great coworkers that inspired me to look beyond medicine as just helping a patient, but rather healing and keeping up with a patients health even beyond a patient's discharge.

Cons

I think scheduling and acquiring information to and from HR took too long and caused more problems than it should have. If papers and the entire outlook on what we were doing were stated in the very beginning, their would be less applicants and more applicants that actually enjoyed and wanted to learn the business and or patient care of this hospital system.

I would hope that HR would be more efficient and timely when dealing with our applications. I understand they have many things to get done as do the students themselves. I would also suggest taking more time to see if this internship is important and relevant to a student's academic major and or career path.

Fine place to work but not great

Current Employee - Senior Research Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good working environment, many supportive staffs, good resources for your work related needs. Very tide relationship with UPENN.

Cons

CHOP did not has great benefit for the employees. Our 403b match is not competitive at all. Our sick days and personal days do not exist.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia