There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Great Opportunity to see Hospitals in a different light

Former Intern - Part Time Parc Intern in Philadelphia, PA
Former Intern - Part Time Parc Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I met many different doctors and patients from all different walks of life. I enjoyed seeing how a Hospital is maintained and run, instead of just seeing it as a place for treatment. I met many great coworkers that inspired me to look beyond medicine as just helping a patient, but rather healing and keeping up with a patients health even beyond a patient's discharge.

Cons

I think scheduling and acquiring information to and from HR took too long and caused more problems than it should have. If papers and the entire outlook on what we were doing were stated in the very beginning, their would be less applicants and more applicants that actually enjoyed and wanted to learn the business and or patient care of this hospital system.

I would hope that HR would be more efficient and timely when dealing with our applications. I understand they have many things to get done as do the students themselves. I would also suggest taking more time to see if this internship is important and relevant to a student's academic major and or career path.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fine place to work but not great

Current Employee - Senior Research Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Technician in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good working environment, many supportive staffs, good resources for your work related needs. Very tide relationship with UPENN.

Cons

CHOP did not has great benefit for the employees. Our 403b match is not competitive at all. Our sick days and personal days do not exist.

Stressful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Pros

Great benefits from a well respected organization.

Cons

Very political.
    Middle management seems unable to cope with the rapid growth of the organization. You work with very poor systems and any issues are seen as complaints and not as valid concerns.
    Very limited growth opportunities with management that views any desire to move to other areas seen as disloyalty. Job assignments/opportunities based on who is liked and not offered to all.

Check to ensure that middle management is actually following the rules you set forth.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia