Rewarding Experiece

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Pros

Knowing you make a difference in a family's life
Opportunities for advancement
Friendly staff

Cons

Low Salary
Management not supportive
Consistent communication

Hire new innovative talent

Other Reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Supply Chain Department

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Pros

Great mission, hard working innovative workforce.

Cons

Leadership lacking empathy for staff

Good technology, but challenging politics

Former Employee - IT Engineer  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time for more than a year

Pros

CHOP has a mission you can feel good about, and has great name recognition. If you work here, be prepared to answer tons of questions when people learn you work at CHOP. During my tenure, I was involved in a lot of project work, had complete autonomy and very little micro-management. Leadership was supportive of upgrading old legacy gear, which made my job easier. CHOP has a large array of technology and isn't afraid to spend money when it makes sense. This is a place you can definitely develop your tech skills. As an engineer, my hours were very flexible and life revolves around train schedules.

Cons

HR is a mess at CHOP - benefits mistakes, payroll problems, onboarding issues, etc - anything HR related is a disarray and takes 10x longer to resolve than any other organization I've worked. This is a heavily political environment - very similar to government. Projects have high budgets, but move VERY slowly, so the pace is something that requires an adjustment. IT has a lot of engineers, many who are lifers that bring very little value to the overall mission. Prepare to deal with very challenging personalities, some of which will make your work-life very difficult. This is a non-profit, so the benefits and competition are weak compared to other organizations. The review process is very weak and based on almost unobtainable criteria that make little sense.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Worked for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!