Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Add Review

Great place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a great hospital to work for. I feel they really take care of their employees. I like the friendly atmosphere. The patient is of highest priority here at CHOP. We truly care about these children as if they are our own. Ability to advance your career. I have worked other places and they don't compare to CHOP

Cons

Wish our salaries were equal to the other salaries in the city.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Mostly Positive

Current Employee - Research
    Current Employee - Research

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarding mission, excellent clinical care, groundbreaking research

Cons

Very little accountability with non-clinical employees, multiple processes with little training or rationale, no infrastructure - every department acts as its institution, no hierarchy, lack of parking

Advice to Management

Invest in IT, encourage testing phases of new systems/processes before rollout

Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Does not Promote

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Phila, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay is good compared to other hospitals outside of the city. The work is interesting.

Cons

CHOP doesn't seem to want to invest in current employees. There is a wealth of talent in the department, but whenever there is an opening, there is more emphasis on outside candidates. There is a "career ladder", but the same standards are not applied to everyone. It seems that if you threaten to quit or complain, you don't have to work as hard for your promotion.

Advice to Management

Keep the same standards for everyone when considering promotions. If someone threatens to quit, rethink that employee's value (especially if it's not the first time).

Look within for future talent. People get disgruntled when they are being passed over for openings that they qualify for. Invest in your current employees. There is a reason you hired these people in the first place.