There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Great place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is a great hospital to work for. I feel they really take care of their employees. I like the friendly atmosphere. The patient is of highest priority here at CHOP. We truly care about these children as if they are our own. Ability to advance your career. I have worked other places and they don't compare to CHOP

Cons

Wish our salaries were equal to the other salaries in the city.

100 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (View Most Recent)

Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Does not Promote

Current Employee - Medical Technologist  in  Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Phila, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pay is good compared to other hospitals outside of the city. The work is interesting.

Cons

CHOP doesn't seem to want to invest in current employees. There is a wealth of talent in the department, but whenever there is an opening, there is more emphasis on outside candidates. There is a "career ladder", but the same standards are not applied to everyone. It seems that if you threaten to quit or complain, you don't have to work as hard for your promotion.

Keep the same standards for everyone when considering promotions. If someone threatens to quit, rethink that employee's value (especially if it's not the first time).

Look within for future talent. People get disgruntled when they are being passed over for openings that they qualify for. Invest in your current employees. There is a reason you hired these people in the first place.

Would not recommend.

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The doctors and nurses truly care about the children. Not much worry about layoffs.

Cons

They have little to no concern for their employees. Very difficult to make it up the ladder. Have to jump through hoops to get a very small increase. Not given the feeling of being part of a big team.

It would be nice to know that employees are cared about. If you do not work at the Main hospital in Philadelphia you don't receive the same benefits that they do. Satelite offices should be included in what goes on at CHOP.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Worked for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia? Contribute to the Community!