Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Pros

Family atmosphere, benefits, teamwork, access to resources

Cons

Middle management has issues, Becoming Corporate

Little to no room for advancement

106 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (View Most Recent)

Excellent Peds Work! All other rumors are true.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Pros

Great advancements in the field of Pediatrics!!! Really creative and innovative techniques. Excellent brand name and world renowned recognition as the nations first and oldest hospital dedicated solely for children. Great partnerships with local businesses, especially the toy drive and prom.

Cons

Diversity is not represented at all past the supervisor/manager level, CHOP is not representational of the popluation which it serves, for an institution of this size and stature it is very disappointing. On the research side CHOP is doing great things however operations is a nightmare. Typical corporate philosophy...it's not what you know rather who you know. Currently matching 25% of 50% of your eligible contributions. Only physicians have voices.

CHOP's on the news and receives prestigeous awards all the time, anyone else find it odd that it has never made the "100 Best Places to Work in PA list?" That speaks volumes and validates the point that it's not all it's cracked up to be. Look to develop and build diverse talent from within. Being a research institution one would think that the organization would appreciate and employ the countless studies regarding diverse workforces making better decisions and implement it.

A challenging place to work both professionally & personally

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

Pros

You feel like you are making a difference when you are in the presence of patients & take pride in where you work.

Cons

It's super busy every day and often you don't feel as though your department heads have your back. Parking is inconvenient and being an employee puts you lowest on the totem pole. Most days I don't feel as though I am respected in my profession.

A happy employee is more willing to do things for their boss & organization. If you treat us with respect, we will be more willing to do the same in return. You lead by example.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia