Children's Hospital (omaha)

www.chsomaha.org
  www.chsomaha.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital (omaha)

Excellent place to work. Lots of passion!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Children's Hospital (omaha) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are very passionate about their work. Patients and families are awesome. Children's Hospital & Medical Center is always moving forward and constantly adding new services. On-sight employee clinic offers free clinic visits to employees. Free fitness center available. Lots of growth potential for nursing staff.

Cons

Salary lower than surrounding hospitals. You have to be prepared for high census and high acuity care. It's not a job for everyone but incredibly rewarding if you're the right fit for the culture!

8 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Hospital (omaha) (View Most Recent)

One of the worst job experiences I've ever had

Former Employee - Finance in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Finance in Omaha, NE

I worked at Children's Hospital (omaha) full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Hospital is very interested in patient satisfaction

Cons

I received very poor training and the employees were less than friendly or helpful. They have a no overtime rule period. As a new employee, I was expected to learn and complete work in the same amount of time as employees that have been there over 10 years. I think Children's is a good organization and I was proud to be a part of the Hospital but embarrassed to have worked in the Finance department.. I would not recommend working in Finance. Also, health insurance very poor.

The overtime policy needs to be more flexible. I understand about keeping costs down, however, sometimes a little extra time is needed to complete projects correctly. Management should be more aware of what's really going on in the department.

Will never work in adult care again!

Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Children's Hospital (omaha) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Environment, culture, support from administration. The culture at Children's is a constant reminder and testament to our mission..."So that all children may have a better chance to live." All of the employees at this organization, from providers to kitchen staff, are focused on the children we serve.

Cons

Small private hospital = not as competitive with salaries. Salaries are lower than surrounding hospital systems, but it is understandable because Children's is not a large hospital. The benefit of working in the environment and culture that Children's provides is worth sacrificing a few dollars/hour to be happier and more engaged at work.

Focus more on teamwork

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Hospital (omaha)