Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

www.childrensmercy.org
  www.childrensmercy.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

The best place in the city to work as a pediatric health care provider.

Current Employee - Pediatrician  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Pediatrician in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Pros

CChildren's Mercy, for the most part, is highly committed to providing top-notch care to children. As a physician you have access to the best in diagnostic and laboratory testing and specialists available for consultation for your patients. Most everyone that works here takes great pride in what they do, and therefore, everyone works with a great sense of teamwork and purpose. It is a beautiful campus that is always expanding to meet new needs. The hospital takes good care of its employees with great benefits and programs. The salaries are also very competitive and physicians have a nice educational stipend.

Cons

I often feel like I have no control over the day-to -day operations of how our clinic is run. I feel like the administration does not listen, or does not care what the people in "the trenches" have to say about what might make thinks run more smoothly. Also, like with any corporation, you have to deal with the BS things like the yearly anti-harrasement training, "diversity training", HIPPA training, ect.

Help us to run our clinic more smoothly and help us help our patients have better access.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (View Most Recent)

The most magical place to work!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Pros

I personally love working with the kids. I truly look forward to coming to work to see what cute kiddos I am going to meet and take care of for that shift. In addition, I am very proud to work at this hospital. It was just recently rated one of the Top 10 Places to Work in Kansas City, which I think speaks for itself. This hospital works very hard to encourage their employees to move up into a more senior leadership role. They also makes you feel appreciated and proud to be a part of an organization that is so well respected in Kansas City. If anyone has had a child come to Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, I have never heard a negative comment. Almost everyone has had a positive experience regarding their treatment at this hospital. I am proud to say I work at Children's Mercy.

Cons

I honestly do not believe their are any downsides. I can not imagine myself working in any other hospital or clinic than my current location. All of the staff members work together in order to give these children the best possible care. I have several friends who work at other nearby hospitals, who are unsatisfied with their New Nurse Orientation process, scheduling, and hospital policies; however, I have not had a single complaint to give with my hospital. If I were to pinpoint the hardest downside to working at Children's Mercy Hospital, I would have to say that to see some children in pain, or terrible situations, that would be the biggest downside. I just have to keep in mind that I am taking care of these children to make them better to get through the hard shifts.

I would have to say that the New Graduate Nurse Orientation is fantastic. I truly felt very prepared coming off orientation to be working by myself. The classes and instructors were very helpful and made the learning fun and easy to remember. I really feel as though I am a part of a great team at this hospital, that I am truly making a difference in the lives of these children.

Decent company but low wages

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Pros

Make a difference in the community

Cons

Low salary, very little input in management

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Worked for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics? Contribute to the Community!