Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

www.childrensmercy.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

The most magical place to work!

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Kansas City, MO

Pros

I personally love working with the kids. I truly look forward to coming to work to see what cute kiddos I am going to meet and take care of for that shift. In addition, I am very proud to work at this hospital. It was just recently rated one of the Top 10 Places to Work in Kansas City, which I think speaks for itself. This hospital works very hard to encourage their employees to move up into a more senior leadership role. They also makes you feel appreciated and proud to be a part of an organization that is so well respected in Kansas City. If anyone has had a child come to Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, I have never heard a negative comment. Almost everyone has had a positive experience regarding their treatment at this hospital. I am proud to say I work at Children's Mercy.

Cons

I honestly do not believe their are any downsides. I can not imagine myself working in any other hospital or clinic than my current location. All of the staff members work together in order to give these children the best possible care. I have several friends who work at other nearby hospitals, who are unsatisfied with their New Nurse Orientation process, scheduling, and hospital policies; however, I have not had a single complaint to give with my hospital. If I were to pinpoint the hardest downside to working at Children's Mercy Hospital, I would have to say that to see some children in pain, or terrible situations, that would be the biggest downside. I just have to keep in mind that I am taking care of these children to make them better to get through the hard shifts.

Advice to Management

I would have to say that the New Graduate Nurse Orientation is fantastic. I truly felt very prepared coming off orientation to be working by myself. The classes and instructors were very helpful and made the learning fun and easy to remember. I really feel as though I am a part of a great team at this hospital, that I am truly making a difference in the lives of these children.

Other Employee Reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

1. Nice place to work at!

I worked at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time

Pros

Nice pay, nice people, free parking.

Cons

Runs like a business, not a research facility. Bad area to live in.

2. Decent company but low wages

Pros

Make a difference in the community

Cons

Low salary, very little input in management