Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics
www.childrensmercy.org Kansas City, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Working for the laboratory at this hospital was a nightmare

Laboratory (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

ProsNONE. There are 0 pros to working for this Hospital's Laboratory.

ConsIn terms of the Laboratory at Children's Mercy, add 1 hour on to your day to ride a shuttle bus to and from your car, take 15 minutes out of your break time just to walk to the cafeteria, and every time you need to use a restroom wait at 30 minutes and fight off at least 5 co workers for a place to have a waz. This facility has the worst laboratory I have ever seen, because of its design and because of the monstrous people working in it. On top of poor design, there are too many PHDs MDs and Managers at this lab and not enough people actually doing productive work, especially in "core lab" hematology and chemistry departments. I have never seen such an intense concentration of workplace sharks in my life. There are too many foreign born people working for this laboratory and many of them have not assimilated to US culture and/or they are the type of people who view their cultural heritage as superior to that of natural born American citizens. This is an extremely hard place to make friends and approach management about anything for fear of offending someone of a particular "demographic." I would not work for this lab if they paid me a million dollars an hour, I would not recommend my worst enemy work for this lab, and I would certainly not recommend anybody have any business transactions with this lab or any other lab which perpetuates workplace misery on such an inconceivable level.

Advice to Senior ManagementCLOSE THIS LAB NOW! And outsource all your lab work to Labcorp or Quest or any other accredited reference lab, these corporate businesses do it better andmore professionally than all of the staff at CMH labs COMBINED, and for a cheaper price too.

The best hospital to work at in Kansas City

Registered Nurse In the Pediatric Intensive Care (Former Employee)

I worked at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Pros: Great nurse to patient ratio Oppurnities for education Hosptial is designed to truly… Cons: Hard to get a job there Lower pay initially but worth… Advice to Senior Management: They do a truly wonderfukl job!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fantastic Environment, Supportive Leadership

Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Pros: I love working for Children's Mercy. The management is fair and high-level leadership is very competent and makes good choices for the employees. My immediate… Cons: The worst thing I can think of is that we must ride a… Advice to Senior Management: Keep fighting the good fight for your employees. We appreciate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics.

Worked for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics CEO Randall L. O'Donnell. All reviews posted anonymously by Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics employees.