Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

www.childrensmercy.org
  www.childrensmercy.org
There are newer employer reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics

Great place to work! Wonderful environment

Current Employee - Professional Training in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Professional Training in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beautiful work setting, great amenities for employees, good discounts in community, supportive leadership, great technology, great research and treatment, great patient care, committment to promoting healthy lifestyle in employees and patients

Cons

In need of additional office space for clinics, would be great to have exercise facility on site for staff

Continue to keep the collegial environment no matter how large CMH becomes, continue to be open to ideas regarding growth and expansion

44 Other Employee Reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics (View Most Recent)

We do it all for the kids!

Current Employee - Director of An Outpatient Department (Nursing) in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Although the company has grown considerably over the 20 years I have worked here, it is still like a family. People really care about each other and most of all we do whatever it takes to give our best to the kids and their families.

For nurses, here is a lot of flexibility; you can work a variety of shifts and move around from inpatient to outpatient, quality improvement, IT - the opportunities are endless. The openings aren't quite as many as they used to be, but if you look around, you can usually move to something more your style fairly easily if you need a change or want to change your career path.

We have an excellent reputation as one of the top employers in Kansas City, a Magnet Hospital and top pediatric care as voiced by the local community and national surveys (US News and World Report.).

Cons

Salaries are competitive, but not at the top of the range. This is not totally unexpected for a non-profit organization that serves everybody regardless of ability to pay.

Because the organization has grown so rapidly, there have been some growing pains that haven't all been handled as well as they could have.

For the most part, nurses are well respected by other professionals, including physicians. There are exceptions of course. The jerks can make life difficult for the nurses working with them.

Listen to ALL your employees - you hired all of us and everyone deserves to be listened to.

There are definitely positions that could be eliminated instead of not replacing positions that are critical to providing good patient care..

Working for the laboratory at this hospital was a nightmare

Former Employee - Laboratory in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Laboratory in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

NONE. There are 0 pros to working for this Hospital's Laboratory.

Cons

In terms of the Laboratory at Children's Mercy, add 1 hour on to your day to ride a shuttle bus to and from your car, take 15 minutes out of your break time just to walk to the cafeteria, and every time you need to use a restroom wait at 30 minutes and fight off at least 5 co workers for a place to have a waz. This facility has the worst laboratory I have ever seen, because of its design and because of the monstrous people working in it. On top of poor design, there are too many PHDs MDs and Managers at this lab and not enough people actually doing productive work, especially in "core lab" hematology and chemistry departments. I have never seen such an intense concentration of workplace sharks in my life. There are too many foreign born people working for this laboratory and many of them have not assimilated to US culture and/or they are the type of people who view their cultural heritage as superior to that of natural born American citizens. This is an extremely hard place to make friends and approach management about anything for fear of offending someone of a particular "demographic." I would not work for this lab if they paid me a million dollars an hour, I would not recommend my worst enemy work for this lab, and I would certainly not recommend anybody have any business transactions with this lab or any other lab which perpetuates workplace misery on such an inconceivable level.

CLOSE THIS LAB NOW! And outsource all your lab work to Labcorp or Quest or any other accredited reference lab, these corporate businesses do it better andmore professionally than all of the staff at CMH labs COMBINED, and for a cheaper price too.

There are newer employer reviews for Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics