Children's National Health System

www.childrensnational.org

Great patients, poor leadership

Pediatrician (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe patients are interesting, the kids are great, most of the nursing, doctor and other direct-care colleagues really care about kids, are happy to work together to do the best for the patients.

ConsThere is very little communication between the top management and the line workers - and I'm a doctor. I imagine it is worse for a lot of the staff. There is very little sense of vision or forward movement. We're not cutting edge. Many of the managers know little about leadership or managing people. Their efforts often revolve around checking the boxes to get their bonuses. The place is pretty disorganized. HR is a mess. Problems with compensation pop up frequently and can take months to resolve. Getting appointments for patients is really hard. The systems within the hospital, the computers, the electronic medical records, nearly everything functions poorly. It often feels like you're swimming against the tide to get what your patients need.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead wood among the leadership and managers. Make the hospital work for the patients. Fix the software systems, HR, the outpatient primary care and subspecialty clinic appointment systems so patients can access them.

Sr. Systems Engineer (Contractor)

Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Children's National Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros: Close to home. Most of the employees (end users) are nice.… Cons: IT department is full of chaos. upper mgmt doesn't know what they are doing or what direction they want to take the department. the… Advice to Senior Management: get a clue No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to work. Professional and very supportive environment

Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Children's National Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros: Lots of resources for reserachers Cons: Academically independent, so not as scientifically diverse as a true… Advice to Senior Management: Provide better support to your postdocs. Eg. career development training,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Children's National Health System.

Worked for Children's National Health System? Contribute to the Community!