Unprofessional

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some coworkers and my families, able to write my own developmentally appropriate curriculum, had fun going to marketing events

Cons

Certain Upper Management shared confidential info with outside vendors, other families, and other coworkers. Certain Upper Management showed favorites among children and staff. It annoyed her if you asked to go to the bathroom. A variety of center family members and employee family members stated that she glared at them when they walked in the front door. Never received a review in two years. Extremely low pay for a state certified teacher. NAEYC accredited but does not follow their standards in reality. Poor curriculum from Corporate. Some teachers didn't call children by their real names, they used nicknames. Two different District Managers in two years. Each one had their idea of what teachers should do and how our rooms should look. Hard to take direction from someone who has a business degree, not a teaching degree and/or teaching experience. Building was almost 20 years old and shows a lack of repairs. Building is owned by a different entity, who may or may not be responsible for repairs.

Just cause someone passed a test does not mean they are a good teacher or management material. Observe your teachers and their interactions at various times and throughout the year.