Childtime Learning Center

www.learningcaregroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Childtime Learning Center

Ok to learn and grow

I worked at Childtime Learning Center part-time

Pros

people needs are met first

Cons

schedule for full times are the not the best

give more raises

21 Other Employee Reviews for Childtime Learning Center (View Most Recent)

Current employee at Childtime

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead  in  Lathrup Village, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead in Lathrup Village, MI

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are opportunities to advance from teacher assistant up to management. I have done this. I started as assistant teacher to Team lead in 3 years. I am part of management now. I enjoy my job very much. I love giving tours to potential families. I love what I do and love to show it off to families. My passion shines through and it also shows in the children. I am now Teacher of the Year and very PROUD. Anything is possible. Love what you do and you will reap your rewards.

Cons

A downside is when a co-worker calls off and the staff all have to put in a little more work to compensate for that but it all works out.

Keep up Staff morale which can be difficult at times but when you have happy and appreciated teachers the work environment just flows so nicely

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some coworkers and my families, able to write my own developmentally appropriate curriculum, had fun going to marketing events

Cons

Certain Upper Management shared confidential info with outside vendors, other families, and other coworkers. Certain Upper Management showed favorites among children and staff. It annoyed her if you asked to go to the bathroom. A variety of center family members and employee family members stated that she glared at them when they walked in the front door. Never received a review in two years. Extremely low pay for a state certified teacher. NAEYC accredited but does not follow their standards in reality. Poor curriculum from Corporate. Some teachers didn't call children by their real names, they used nicknames. Two different District Managers in two years. Each one had their idea of what teachers should do and how our rooms should look. Hard to take direction from someone who has a business degree, not a teaching degree and/or teaching experience. Building was almost 20 years old and shows a lack of repairs. Building is owned by a different entity, who may or may not be responsible for repairs.

Just cause someone passed a test does not mean they are a good teacher or management material. Observe your teachers and their interactions at various times and throughout the year.

There are newer employer reviews for Childtime Learning Center

Worked for Childtime Learning Center? Contribute to the Community!