Childtime Learning Center

www.learningcaregroup.com

Great experience with the kids, frustration with the organization

Lead Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) Martinez, CA

ProsEveryone starts part-time and within 6 months I was made full-time with a typically steady schedule. The kids are why I stay here--I have full creative license with my classroom, get to create supplemental curriculum and activities and build rewarding relationships with babies and their families. I feel like I am helping and molding young minds. The center is kept up pretty well: clean, caring and focused on providing children quality education and experiences. Paperwork is required, but usually a small amount of prep time and nap time makes it manageable. Parent-Teacher Conferences twice a year, and monthly parent events are a good opportunity for building relationships. Management encourages teachers to design a stimulating classroom environment which is fun.

ConsLow pay and unorganized management leads to high part-time teacher turnover. When teachers leave on short notice the remaining staff is expected to pick up the slack (no time granted off, overtime, extra paperwork, etc.). Lack of communication means that I have to learn most of my important information by listening in to other people's conversations. They have "forgotten" to tell me that my hours were adjusted/conferences rescheduled for times when I am not usually there. Lots of gossip among the all female staff and management. New supplies for the classroom are limited and often I have to buy my own supplies if I want them. Benefits aren't really worth it--I don't use any of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with staff...write us notes, call us, ask us if you already talked to us about something. Make sure we know what's going on so we don't look blindsided when a parent approaches us about something we "should" have known about. Offer more full-time positions, higher pay and raises as incentives for employees to stay and build stable programs and better bonds with the children.

OK company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Childtime Learning Center

Pros: Working with kids and being about to interact with the parents… Cons: The director talked negatively about other employees in front of… More

A great place to work but...

Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time for less than a year

Pros: Get off early, breaks, breakfast and lunch provided, nice and… Cons: The only con I have is the fact that when I accepted the job I was told I would work 12:00-6:30 however when I arrived… Advice to Senior Management: Tell the truth about what hours you need your staff… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Childtime Learning Center.

Worked for Childtime Learning Center? Contribute to the Community!