Childtime Learning Center

www.learningcaregroup.com

Great experience with the kids, frustration with the organization

Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher  in  Martinez, CA
Current Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Martinez, CA

Pros

Everyone starts part-time and within 6 months I was made full-time with a typically steady schedule. The kids are why I stay here--I have full creative license with my classroom, get to create supplemental curriculum and activities and build rewarding relationships with babies and their families. I feel like I am helping and molding young minds. The center is kept up pretty well: clean, caring and focused on providing children quality education and experiences. Paperwork is required, but usually a small amount of prep time and nap time makes it manageable. Parent-Teacher Conferences twice a year, and monthly parent events are a good opportunity for building relationships. Management encourages teachers to design a stimulating classroom environment which is fun.

Cons

Low pay and unorganized management leads to high part-time teacher turnover. When teachers leave on short notice the remaining staff is expected to pick up the slack (no time granted off, overtime, extra paperwork, etc.). Lack of communication means that I have to learn most of my important information by listening in to other people's conversations. They have "forgotten" to tell me that my hours were adjusted/conferences rescheduled for times when I am not usually there. Lots of gossip among the all female staff and management. New supplies for the classroom are limited and often I have to buy my own supplies if I want them. Benefits aren't really worth it--I don't use any of them.

Communicate with staff...write us notes, call us, ask us if you already talked to us about something. Make sure we know what's going on so we don't look blindsided when a parent approaches us about something we "should" have known about. Offer more full-time positions, higher pay and raises as incentives for employees to stay and build stable programs and better bonds with the children.

Other reviews for Childtime Learning Center

Unfair

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

Pros

The kids and the parents are so nice. The fast paced environment.

Cons

Schedule, there's never a set schedule. I get three hour breaks somedays because they don't want to hire new people to help me with my room, and I can't go over 40 hours so they send me on a break a total of 15 hours weekly. You are basically asked to bend backwards for the company but no days off or sick days are guaranteed. They always end up asking you to come in and if you don't then they punish you without a break, so working 11 hour days with no break whatsoever. Communication lacks. They fail to please their employees with something as simple as a potty break, you literally have to beg to use the restroom or nobody will show up to take over your class. They will make up their own rules on the regular so if you have any doubts look up the handbook or your state laws. Their ratios always change and it always ends up being some crazy odd number that they pulled out of nowhere. I could go on forever with cons.

No favoritism. Be fair. Appreciation is needed.

Enjoyed being my own lead teacher in the room by myself

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Akron, OH

Pros

Liked the family clientele and demographics, Very close to home.

Cons

Low pay increases over the years. Whatever the Director says, goes, even if totally wrong. A lot of time required off the clock to do job properly and effeciently. Extremely little verbal praise or "Hey, you did good on that",etc. Very, very hard to get time off needed for Dr.s appointments, etc. A LOT of black out time for days off and vacations.

Some simple common courtesy can go a long, long way for positive moral.

There are newer employer reviews for Childtime Learning Center.

Worked for Childtime Learning Center? Contribute to the Community!