ok

Current Employee - Server  in  Milledgeville, GA
Current Employee - Server in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

Usually make fairly decent tips compared to other restaurants in the area

Cons

Lack of recognition for seniority

Other Reviews for Chili's

In 8 months 9 managers came and went.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Pine Bluff, AR
    Current Employee - Manager in Pine Bluff, AR

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

The compensation/benefits was good. The volume of businees that come to the restaurant was one of the best in town. Their are some great customers who visit frequently, thus you will never be bored. The food quality is wonderful and delicious.

Cons

Unfortunately the expression ghetto fabulos is a understatement. There will be a possible fight at least twice a week, and one call to the police. There has been many times where I had to prevent a customer from fighting my staff. (alcohol brings out the worst in people) There is also a constant debate of, "is it because I am black, or if I was white". Managers get threaten frequently from customers and staff, thus a high turnover. Their are frequent walk outs. I identified several staff members who were stealing. The GM was too afraid to fire them, because he did not want to believe they would do such a thing, until 3 months later after he caught them. The GM would take an hourly employee's word over his managers, when it comes to theft. The GM totally ran off many great managers, these managers simply were not allowed do their job. Thus senior management had to intervene, unfortunately a little too late, and the reputation is still current as of today, turnover 15 managers and counting as of August 1,2011.

Sometimes a bad apple needs to be removed/replaced, especially when complants are at a all time high. Why wait so long, and ignore the issues. Why would you let outstanding managers leave, when you have been told the problem over and over again. I wonder are you tired of placing wanted ads for new managers? There are great hourly's still present, but the question remains, for how long?

Great people

Current Employee - Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

The people are fantastic and I have a blast when I am at work.

Cons

Sometimes too big to make accurate restaurant specific decisions.

I have been with Chili's for a long time and have been with them through all the ups and downs. They are currently and have always been a great company.

There are newer employer reviews for Chili's.

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!