Chili's

ok

Current Employee - Server in Milledgeville, GA
Current Employee - Server in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

Usually make fairly decent tips compared to other restaurants in the area

Cons

Lack of recognition for seniority

595 Other Employee Reviews for Chili's (View Most Recent)

In 8 months 9 managers came and went.

Current Employee - Manager in Pine Bluff, AR
    Current Employee - Manager in Pine Bluff, AR

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

The compensation/benefits was good. The volume of businees that come to the restaurant was one of the best in town. Their are some great customers who visit frequently, thus you will never be bored. The food quality is wonderful and delicious.

Cons

Unfortunately the expression ghetto fabulos is a understatement. There will be a possible fight at least twice a week, and one call to the police. There has been many times where I had to prevent a customer from fighting my staff. (alcohol brings out the worst in people) There is also a constant debate of, "is it because I am black, or if I was white". Managers get threaten frequently from customers and staff, thus a high turnover. Their are frequent walk outs. I identified several staff members who were stealing. The GM was too afraid to fire them, because he did not want to believe they would do such a thing, until 3 months later after he caught them. The GM would take an hourly employee's word over his managers, when it comes to theft. The GM totally ran off many great managers, these managers simply were not allowed do their job. Thus senior management had to intervene, unfortunately a little too late, and the reputation is still current as of today, turnover 15 managers and counting as of August 1,2011.

Sometimes a bad apple needs to be removed/replaced, especially when complants are at a all time high. Why wait so long, and ignore the issues. Why would you let outstanding managers leave, when you have been told the problem over and over again. I wonder are you tired of placing wanted ads for new managers? There are great hourly's still present, but the question remains, for how long?

It will do in a pinch.

Current Employee - Food Server
    Current Employee - Food Server

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

Flexible schedule and quick cash when times are hard.

Cons

When it's slow you work for very low pay. Chili's doesn't require tipping, even for very large parties. The cleaning and side work is heavy, especially for $2.13 an hour. You never know how much you are going to make so budgeting is nearly impossible.

Make tipping mandatory for larger parties. Pay more per hour. Even with tips $2.13 isn't enough for the amount of work that we do.

There are newer employer reviews for Chili's