There are newer employer reviews for Chili's

ok

Former Employee - Server  in  Alamogordo, NM
Former Employee - Server in Alamogordo, NM

I worked at Chili's

Pros

good money, plenty of hours

Cons

managers and their inability to treat everyone equally

train your low level management better.

529 Other Employee Reviews for Chili's (View Most Recent)

Management provided minimual support for growth within the company, but I learned very valuable customer service skills.

Former Employee - Host/Runner  in  Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Host/Runner in Louisville, CO

I worked at Chili's

Pros

The relatively short period of time customers spend eating allows employees to interact with a wide variety of personalities. This experience taught me tricks to bond with chatty Cathys, introverted customers, new parents, teenagers, businessmen, elderly folks, and just about any group you could think of. Practicing tailoring the customer expereince to *individuals* rather than following a strict formula is a great reason to work at Chili's--no matter where you end up in your career, people skills will always come in handy.

Cons

The turnover rate, at my location anyway, was much higher than I have expereinced anywhere else. Training was often streamlined for efficiency, but usually resulted in poor job performance and frustrated employees. For those that stuck around, management told us what we should work on to advance, but rarely followed through on their end. For example, an expereinced server was working toward an assistant manager position for about 3 months before she applied for a management position with a competitor; they opened a new store about 6 months after she started and she was promoted to general manager.

The pay, benefits, and growth opportunties are all average at best. I believe it would be a major morale boost if the leadership made more of an effort to show their workers that their contributions to the business were appreciated. More formal recognition (even without monetary compensation) would add to overall job satisfaction.

Fine

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Waitress in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Chili's

Pros

Mangers and staff were nice

Cons

SLOW and you only get $2.13 an hour in Georgia yet people think you get paid plenty without tips.

Get a better location.

There are newer employer reviews for Chili's

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!