steady

Current Employee - Hoh Expo in Sierra Vista, AZ
Current Employee - Hoh Expo in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

always busy all the time

Cons

always busy never slow ever

Advice to Management

keep doin what youre doin. The place is run by a wonderful management team. they make the place fun to work at. ill be stayin a while

reviews filtered by

Management provided minimual support for growth within the company, but I learned very valuable customer service skills.

Former Employee - Host/Runner in Louisville, CO
    Former Employee - Host/Runner in Louisville, CO

I worked at Chili's

Pros

The relatively short period of time customers spend eating allows employees to interact with a wide variety of personalities. This experience taught me tricks to bond with chatty Cathys, introverted customers, new parents, teenagers, businessmen, elderly folks, and just about any group you could think of. Practicing tailoring the customer expereince to *individuals* rather than following a strict formula is a great reason to work at Chili's--no matter where you end up in your career, people skills will always come in handy.

Cons

The turnover rate, at my location anyway, was much higher than I have expereinced anywhere else. Training was often streamlined for efficiency, but usually resulted in poor job performance and frustrated employees. For those that stuck around, management told us what we should work on to advance, but rarely followed through on their end. For example, an expereinced server was working toward an assistant manager position for about 3 months before she applied for a management position with a competitor; they opened a new store about 6 months after she started and she was promoted to general manager.

Advice to Management

The pay, benefits, and growth opportunties are all average at best. I believe it would be a major morale boost if the leadership made more of an effort to show their workers that their contributions to the business were appreciated. More formal recognition (even without monetary compensation) would add to overall job satisfaction.

2. Fine

Former Employee - Waitress in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Waitress in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Chili's

Pros

Mangers and staff were nice

Cons

SLOW and you only get $2.13 an hour in Georgia yet people think you get paid plenty without tips.

Advice to Management

Get a better location.