Chili's

www.chilis.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Chili's

Great people and benefits for team members

Former Employee - Managing Partner in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Managing Partner in Dallas, TX

I worked at Chili's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and culture. Very organized company with updated systems in place. Good home office support. Great place for a new manager to learn the ropes of restaurant managment. Great training program.

Cons

Bonus plan changed and became not very obtainable. Took individuality out of manager decision making to do what is right for individual restaurant.

Give power back to MP and GM of restaurant to do what is best for individual restaurant. Stop hiring upper levels from outside of company to keep the culture alive.

654 Other Employee Reviews for Chili's (View Most Recent)

review of chili's Miami fl

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Miami, FL

I worked at Chili's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

regulars and the staff , I at least moved up enough for self learning purposes but it took way too long, closes around 10, safe area

Cons

worst area to work, people regularly dip out on the tab, it was a franchise before but then was bought by corporate....we didn't know if we would even have a job for a year since they werent sure about buying the store

Pay attention to the servers themselves not the surveys. You have amazing employees there that dont get moved up to the positions they deserve and you get stuck with terrible employees that steal from you , too few employees due to this I almost passed out on fourth of july one year because we didnt have enough servers so i didnt get a day off for 2 months every day i had off i was called in -_-, i quit because i found a better job, but honestly even when corporate took over I was done with the place, tho I have heard good things about every other restaurant

Not somewhere you want to work as a manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Chili's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Has name recognition due to popularity and success in other markets.

Cons

Take it from the spouse of a former manager at this location, there is no teamwork or development mentality. It's all about catching you doing something wrong but not telling you how to properly handle that scenario in the future. The management team is so busy trying to throw each other under the bus and make themselves look good individually that there is no room for teamwork nor is there any encouragement to develop team work. Managers at the GM and RM level do not practice what they preach by following the Chilis standard but will certainly reprimand anyone umder them not following the standards.

Someone from Chilis Corp needs to plant a manager spy to witness the lack of leadership and development that is occuring in the Nebraska Chilis Management team.

There are newer employer reviews for Chili's