There are newer employer reviews for Chili's

review of chili's Miami fl

Former Employee - Server/Bartender  in  Miami, FL
Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Miami, FL

I worked at Chili's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

regulars and the staff , I at least moved up enough for self learning purposes but it took way too long, closes around 10, safe area

Cons

worst area to work, people regularly dip out on the tab, it was a franchise before but then was bought by corporate....we didn't know if we would even have a job for a year since they werent sure about buying the store

Pay attention to the servers themselves not the surveys. You have amazing employees there that dont get moved up to the positions they deserve and you get stuck with terrible employees that steal from you , too few employees due to this I almost passed out on fourth of july one year because we didnt have enough servers so i didnt get a day off for 2 months every day i had off i was called in -_-, i quit because i found a better job, but honestly even when corporate took over I was done with the place, tho I have heard good things about every other restaurant

521 Other Employee Reviews for Chili's (View Most Recent)

Great people and benefits for team members

Former Employee - Managing Partner  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Managing Partner in Dallas, TX

I worked at Chili's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people and culture. Very organized company with updated systems in place. Good home office support. Great place for a new manager to learn the ropes of restaurant managment. Great training program.

Cons

Bonus plan changed and became not very obtainable. Took individuality out of manager decision making to do what is right for individual restaurant.

Give power back to MP and GM of restaurant to do what is best for individual restaurant. Stop hiring upper levels from outside of company to keep the culture alive.

Good Learning Opportunity

Former Employee - Server, Trainer, Bartender, QA/Expo, to Go  in  DFW, TX
    Former Employee - Server, Trainer, Bartender, QA/Expo, to Go in DFW, TX

I worked at Chili's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you actually learn what they try to teach you in training, it will help in ANY job you have afterwards. Yes, even that 'real' job you're after.
    Great serving job for beginners.

Restaurant managers get a lot of flack, but they do really well, considering what is expected of them by the company. They are basically adult babysitters.

Cons

Turn and burn atmosphere. Don't expect to make 20% at every table (some stores are exceptions to this rule..). Instead, keep your section flowing, so that you can make the most of their excellent branding.

It's hard not to get caught up in the negative attitude.
    Note: NOBODY owes you a 20% tip. If you didn't make good money on one table, try to make it up on the next one.

Mandatory meetings at 7am are silly. Find a better way to train and communicate with your staff.

There are newer employer reviews for Chili's

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!