Chili's

www.chilis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chili's

Wish the goals and mission of the company trickled down to the front lines

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Chili's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, discounts on food, fast paced environment, meet new people, working within a team.

Cons

The fun, laid-back, winning culture retreated years ago when the economy tanked and Brinker sold off other concepts. Panic spread throughout the company and many were laid-off. Those working the front lines of the restaurant (managers and GMs) were the first to get bonus structures cut and have extra-ordinarily difficult standards to live up to. No grills exist anymore, just pizza ovens that have fake diamond marks for chicken. Supposed to speed up cook time, but has made it worse. Things are always changing and it feels like the drivers are swerving the bus back and forth.

Bring in some younger, newer, aggressive marketing techniques. Award the people at the front lines. Top management should have to continually work IN the restaurants to see what it feels like - they are very out of touch. Narrow your focus and be good at a few things, instead of trying to do too much. Also, customers want booths. Don't remodel restaurants and take away the booths.

629 Other Employee Reviews for Chili's (View Most Recent)

Not a long term place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at Chili's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Larger table sections than any other restaurant, committed to making everyone money, greater starter place for restaurant business, ability to move around with in store.

Cons

Constant flow of people including managers, everyone is disposable, ticket times are long and thus stress is high,

review of chili's Miami fl

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in Miami, FL

I worked at Chili's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

regulars and the staff , I at least moved up enough for self learning purposes but it took way too long, closes around 10, safe area

Cons

worst area to work, people regularly dip out on the tab, it was a franchise before but then was bought by corporate....we didn't know if we would even have a job for a year since they werent sure about buying the store

Pay attention to the servers themselves not the surveys. You have amazing employees there that dont get moved up to the positions they deserve and you get stuck with terrible employees that steal from you , too few employees due to this I almost passed out on fourth of july one year because we didnt have enough servers so i didnt get a day off for 2 months every day i had off i was called in -_-, i quit because i found a better job, but honestly even when corporate took over I was done with the place, tho I have heard good things about every other restaurant

There are newer employer reviews for Chili's