Chili's

www.chilis.com
  www.chilis.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chili's

Wish the goals and mission of the company trickled down to the front lines

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Chili's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, discounts on food, fast paced environment, meet new people, working within a team.

Cons

The fun, laid-back, winning culture retreated years ago when the economy tanked and Brinker sold off other concepts. Panic spread throughout the company and many were laid-off. Those working the front lines of the restaurant (managers and GMs) were the first to get bonus structures cut and have extra-ordinarily difficult standards to live up to. No grills exist anymore, just pizza ovens that have fake diamond marks for chicken. Supposed to speed up cook time, but has made it worse. Things are always changing and it feels like the drivers are swerving the bus back and forth.

Bring in some younger, newer, aggressive marketing techniques. Award the people at the front lines. Top management should have to continually work IN the restaurants to see what it feels like - they are very out of touch. Narrow your focus and be good at a few things, instead of trying to do too much. Also, customers want booths. Don't remodel restaurants and take away the booths.

592 Other Employee Reviews for Chili's (View Most Recent)

Basically a disaster and a half.

Former Employee - Hostess in Hanover, PA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Hanover, PA

I worked at Chili's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Having some nice customers who don't make you want to tear your hair out.

Cons

Badly trained because apparently the managers don't know what they're doing.

Learn to train your hostesses better. Each manager told me something different about how to seat sections, and when one would tell me one thing, the other would say I was doing it all wrong. This cause drama between servers and I because I apparently wasn't "doing my job right" according to them. Most likely considering 3 different managers told me 3 different things on a daily basis. Get your "stuff" (I'll be friendly there) together.

Not a long term place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at Chili's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Larger table sections than any other restaurant, committed to making everyone money, greater starter place for restaurant business, ability to move around with in store.

Cons

Constant flow of people including managers, everyone is disposable, ticket times are long and thus stress is high,

There are newer employer reviews for Chili's