There are newer employer reviews for Chili's

LOVE IT

Current Employee - Hostess in Watauga, TX
Current Employee - Hostess in Watauga, TX

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

Fun and energetic place to work! I love working for Chili's.
50% Discount on food for up to 4 ppl. More ppl=less %discount
4-5 hr shifts
Easy job-greeting customers and seating them for the most part
Awesome at recognizing employees!!
We have these little comment cards we can write out for each other :) great motivation and makes you feel very much appreciated
Management actually CARES for their employees
My hard work paid off because i gotten 3 raises (each $1) since working there. (2 years) Im @ $11 dollars and im just a hostess
GREAT ENVIRONMENT :)

Cons

- If you work at a slower chili's hours may be cut drastically. depending on how busy it is is how many hours i recieve. The least i got was like 2-3 hours a day :/

Advice to Management

I think management is doing a great job ^_^

reviews filtered by
  1. The money was ok, The stress was high.

Former Employee - Back of House in South Portland, ME
    Former Employee - Back of House in South Portland, ME

I worked at Chili's

Pros

Money was decent. The way vacation added up was awsome. i was acumilating vaca pay ever time i turned around. .

Cons

Was always forced to cash out of my vaca time. because i was not ever allowed to take vaca when i wanted to. Had alot of manager area of responsibility's, as a cook. Maybe i just worked in the Black sheep of stores. Could advance my status was capped out while they where closing stores. i became expendible.

Advice to Management

Hire better People to run your stores. You where warned about managers. and then ended up letting them go anyways. need to take a serious look at the inner working of your company.

2. Super Chili Head

Current Employee - Trainer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Trainer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Chili's

Pros

-Company gives you room to grow within.

-You can get benefits based upon the hours you work

-Show common sense and you can broaden your job capabilities within the restaurant, meaning you can have several job titles such as: Trainer, Trainer Captain and so forth.

-Easy to pick up shifts (or give them away)

-They work with your availability for the most part

-Group outtings are constant. It makes the employees more of a team and family like. That's pretty good.

Cons

-You get only $2.13 per hour plus tips as a server. If you're a closer, the amount doesn't change, so it seems you're working for 3 people instead of 1 when you're closing the restaurant.

-You get cut (meaning they tell you to leave) you before making enough tips that are beneficial to you so they can cut down on labor costs when it's not busy.

Advice to Management

They know what they're doing or not doing, they just make their choice to listen to the employees or not.

There are newer employer reviews for Chili's