There are newer employer reviews for Chiltern International

Life made difficult by manager and was pregnant

Former Employee - Senior Regulatory Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
Former Employee - Senior Regulatory Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Chiltern International part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't work there any more!!

Cons

Told by manager thati had to take maternity appointments on my own time and that once a month was "too many". When took manager to hr, felt I got treated unfairly and would have done them for constructive dismissal if I hadn't felt so stressed and depressed. Sideline you once pregnant.

Advice to Management

Ensure managers are appropriately trained in hr policies and law and are made to realise that being on maternity leave is temporary. Make sure managers adhere to policies and do not tolerate bullying.

Chiltern International Response

Jan 24, 2013 – Associate Director, HR

It was surprising to read this review. Chiltern International Limited employs a high percentage of female employees and subsequently support a large number of employee pregnancies. We have always ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good career opportunities

I have been working at Chiltern International

Pros

Good opportunities to develop: good training and manager guidance available. Flexible around reasonable work-life demands. Stable senior leadership team. Personable atmosphere.

Cons

High workload for most. Could do more to recognize people's contribution and efforts.

2. Great place to work

I have been working at Chiltern International

Pros

People feel appreciated Good work/life balance friendly environment- have worked at other CROs and this is the friendliest environment thus far Flexible work options

Cons

The only con is that the salaries are not the highest in the industry. Need to look at the whole package.

Advice to Management

Management is very open and easy to work with. Allow staff to make decisions without lengthy approval process. No real advice