There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Very fast paced and high standards

Current Employee - Kitchen Manager  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Kitchen Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

The fast pace is exciting and keeps it from getting boring. High standards are challenging but not unmanageable. Depends on the store, but I have worked for two so far and have enjoyed both.

Cons

Claim to encourage empowerment and independent thinking but often quash such attempts in reality. Many rules seem to have been made by people who have never set foot in one of the restaurants. Don't have a whole lot of other work experience to base this on, but I hear that the work is harder and the pay is less here than some other places.

636 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

Slave labor

Former Employee - Line Worker  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Line Worker in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chipotle

Pros

Chipotle tastes amazing and you get a free meal when you work.

Cons

The wages are way too low for the amount of manual labor required. They have a psuedostructure in place to offer those a way to progress in the company but it is a lot of work for a .50 to 2 dollar increase in pay. A lot of the workers there are not fluent in English so if you do not speak Spanish you will not be able to communicate with your coworkers effectively or feel like you fit in. I also had something stolen from me from by a fellow coworker while I worked there and the management was hesitant to lay the blame on the staff even though only employees could access the storage room where my item was located. You also have to use your pitiful wages to purchase "shoes for crews" and a company uniform. I was employed in 2010 so things may have changed.

Overall experience has been interesting in every element of a professional and real life experience

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

Benefits and incentives are a +

Cons

maintaining an environment in the work place which enables the team to stay positive and engaging both with team members and customers

Create a new vision based on the integrity of empowering & motivating & educating team members(staff, management + staff)

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!