There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Terrible Experience to say the least.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Finneytown, OH
Former Employee - Crew Member in Finneytown, OH

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a few pros to working at Chipotle, including paid breaks, one free meal on the clock and 50% employee discount off the clock.

Cons

I'm not trying to bash the company in any way, but this was my personal list of cons working there for one month: - management lost my application - management could not set up my direct deposit - took management forever to get my employee ID number (needed to clock in, as well as to get your pay) - what little training I was provided was not sufficient - you are constantly being timed if you are doing prep - i feel i had biased reviews from managers on my timing (they kept telling me I wasn't working fast enough, when I was working just as fast as my fellow employees and was prepping alongside one of the managers and I was keeping pace with them) - I was told I was too slow working the line (where your put the food together for customers), yet in my section I had 6-8 customers' orders waiting on the next person's section to do their part so that I could have any room to take more orders. - the most hours I was scheduled in a week was 20, usually averaging 18ish. and my last week they had me scheduled 11 hours.

Advice to Management

- Invest in training your employees correctly, it will go a long way. - Be more organized - Management needs better training

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

hard work for average pay

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people, good food, flexible schedule, have to be a hard worker, but I don't mind that

Cons

Average pay...around $8.50/hr...not enough for the work that we do. Crap insurance...the dental is really bad for hourly employees. The medical coverage is ok...not great

Advice to Management

for what is expected out of your employees, you should increase the hourly wage. Offer better insurance!!!

2. Get back to the basics

Current Employee - General Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - General Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, good food, challenged to deliver my best daily.

Cons

Too focus on dog and pony show to be a restaurenture (still cant spell this made up word after 5 years) and not focused on the basics like ever rising cogs!

Advice to Management

You got to realise that the R visit is the best you see them and it is a downward spiral from their.