Prep, Grill, and Line Team Member

Former Employee - Front-Line Team Member in Bloomington, IL
Former Employee - Front-Line Team Member in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Chipotle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The food is good and the quality ingredients are something a person can be proud of serving. The store I worked at had a very flexible schedule (I was a university student at the time). The other employees were generally very good, but some were not of the highest caliber. They comp lunch while working and 50% on days off. This plus the quality food made me eat there much more often.

Cons

The pay is low or at minimum wage, but set by the hiring manager so there may be some room for negotiation. This is still counter service so coworkers are sometimes not the best / brightest people to work with. However, that being said, most guests who come into Chipotle are happy to be there which makes for a more pleasant work atmosphere.

Advice to Management

The management is really good from what I have seen.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

1. Great Opportunity to Work Hard

Current Employee - Crew in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Crew in Plano, TX

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Crew and Managers Great opportunity to learn on the job Skills will transfer well to similar jobs, giving me a leg up Structured training system

Cons

Strict hours Schedules are not ready until the weekend before the schedule starts. (You don't know if you are working on Monday until Saturday or Sunday.) The work is demanding and the same thing everyday. The only things that change are the quantities of prep and most of the customers are: rice without cilantro, chips in the bowl, cilantro on the side,...)

2. OCD about almost everything!

Current Employee - Crew Member in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are great. You get payed lunch and a free meal. They train you to be a manager in as little as 3 months.

Cons

You have to memorize a lot of things in order to actually succed in the company. They are very strict about a lot of things. The managaer changes the schedule 2 - 3 times a week. they puch to be perfect. You can only get one thing for half the price when you are not working there. The raises suck.

Advice to Management

HIre less people and give them more hours.