Chipotle

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

For what is was, great.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Crew Member in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food, great people, good atmosphere.

Cons

Its fast food. It may be upscale fast food, but its still fast food and you will smell like tortilla chip fryer grease when you go home.

790 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity to Work Hard

Current Employee - Crew in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Crew in Plano, TX

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Crew and Managers
    Great opportunity to learn on the job
    Skills will transfer well to similar jobs, giving me a leg up
    Structured training system

Cons

Strict hours
    Schedules are not ready until the weekend before the schedule starts. (You don't know if you are working on Monday until Saturday or Sunday.)
    The work is demanding and the same thing everyday. The only things that change are the quantities of prep and most of the customers are: rice without cilantro, chips in the bowl, cilantro on the side,...)

Lots of Opportunity

Former Employee - Fax Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Fax Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Chipotle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really liked how Chipotle practiced what they preached with the company model of, "Food with Integrity." Chipotle aims to do everything in their business the right and ethical way when it comes to the food and treating their people. Fast paced working environment that makes work go by insanely fast. I remember working shifts that were 7 and a half hours long but they felt half the time once my shift was over. Work is an everyday challenge that constantly challenges you to better yourself.

Cons

Managers are promoted very quickly often with very little experience as to what their positions responsibilities are. Management also needs to stay true to what they promise their employees. I can remember countless times that my GM told me I was going to move up to be a KM and later be service manager. Almost a whole year later after being one of the highest top performers in my restaurant management still did not promote me to a KM. The highest position I got to was Fax Manager which was alot of work for very little pay. Work often overflowed into my personal time. I love Chipotle and everything they stand for but was very disappointed in the management.

To reiterate what I said management needs to stay true to they promise. If you move higher up in management please understand your role and responsibilities. Ive had great talented managers and others that were horrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle