For what is was, great.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Crew Member in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, great people, good atmosphere.

Cons

Its fast food. It may be upscale fast food, but its still fast food and you will smell like tortilla chip fryer grease when you go home.

Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle

Lots of Opportunity

Former Employee - Fax Manager in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Fax Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really liked how Chipotle practiced what they preached with the company model of, "Food with Integrity." Chipotle aims to do everything in their business the right and ethical way when it comes to the food and treating their people. Fast paced working environment that makes work go by insanely fast. I remember working shifts that were 7 and a half hours long but they felt half the time once my shift was over. Work is an everyday challenge that constantly challenges you to better yourself.

Cons

Managers are promoted very quickly often with very little experience as to what their positions responsibilities are. Management also needs to stay true to what they promise their employees. I can remember countless times that my GM told me I was going to move up to be a KM and later be service manager. Almost a whole year later after being one of the highest top performers in my restaurant management still did not promote me to a KM. The highest position I got to was Fax Manager which was alot of work for very little pay. Work often overflowed into my personal time. I love Chipotle and everything they stand for but was very disappointed in the management.

Advice to Management

To reiterate what I said management needs to stay true to they promise. If you move higher up in management please understand your role and responsibilities. Ive had great talented managers and others that were horrible.

2. I learned much while working for Chipotle

Current Employee - Prep Cook in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Prep Cook in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food and 50% when off the clock

Cons

Only employee discount at the Chipotle you work.