There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Lots of Opportunity

Former Employee - Fax Manager  in  Orange, CA
Former Employee - Fax Manager in Orange, CA

I worked at Chipotle full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really liked how Chipotle practiced what they preached with the company model of, "Food with Integrity." Chipotle aims to do everything in their business the right and ethical way when it comes to the food and treating their people. Fast paced working environment that makes work go by insanely fast. I remember working shifts that were 7 and a half hours long but they felt half the time once my shift was over. Work is an everyday challenge that constantly challenges you to better yourself.

Cons

Managers are promoted very quickly often with very little experience as to what their positions responsibilities are. Management also needs to stay true to what they promise their employees. I can remember countless times that my GM told me I was going to move up to be a KM and later be service manager. Almost a whole year later after being one of the highest top performers in my restaurant management still did not promote me to a KM. The highest position I got to was Fax Manager which was alot of work for very little pay. Work often overflowed into my personal time. I love Chipotle and everything they stand for but was very disappointed in the management.

To reiterate what I said management needs to stay true to they promise. If you move higher up in management please understand your role and responsibilities. Ive had great talented managers and others that were horrible.

645 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

I learned much while working for Chipotle

Current Employee - Prep Cook  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Prep Cook in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food and 50% when off the clock

Cons

Only employee discount at the Chipotle you work.

Horrible!

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in New York, NY

I worked at Chipotle full-time for less than a year

Pros

One free meal when you work and 50% off meals on your day off.
    My manager was nice (kitchen managers and some other employees weren't so nice)

Cons

After reading a few reviews on glassdoor i noticed people complained alot about this job but i just figured maybe it wasn't true so i went ahead and applied and got the job. Im usually a hard worker but i quit after 4 days! All the work they make you do is definitely not worth 8.50 (new york pay) ! The lunch rush is the worst, im moving extremely fast and still get yelled at for not moving fast enough. (to the point that i almost cried) Not to mention everyday my fingers were burning because all the hot stuff (from frying the chips and making the taco shells having to touch it while its covered in very hot oil [you have to wear like 5 gloves] then when working the line you have to replace the food to make it fresh like every 5 minutes and its always burning hot cause the water underneath) and when you're not doing all that you have to make sure to sweep the floors and clean the counter every 10 minutes . and theres more that i will not go into detail about. NEVER AGAIN!

if you're going to treat your employees like slaves at least pay them more!

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!