There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Good but stressfull

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Toledo, OH
Former Employee - General Manager in Toledo, OH

I worked at Chipotle for more than 5 years

Pros

Pros: family atmosphere but created by the leaders, good benefits

Cons

Cons: hard to seperate life/work. Double standards and favoritism

Listen to your crew, on all levels of management. Respect and know your people and speak up for what is right.

635 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

Not as great as it looks...

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Castro Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Castro Valley, CA

I worked at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I've worked with, the pay was higher than my city's minimum wage.

Cons

Chipotle works their employees like a dog. They make sure they get every single penny you're working for out of you & you go home with nothing but sore muscles. I think the pay isn't worth what you have to do to work there. Which is why I found a better job that appreciated me and decided to pay me higher because I was a "great employee w/ plenty of experience"

Stop promoting people that aren't ready. I felt like a lot of them would just give people the job because they wanted it, well it takes training for a longer period than just a couple weeks in another city. Another thing was that people at the Chipotle I worked at would get hired, hated it and then quit like 1-3 months after. I've never witnessed anyone that was hired stay for longer. The manager also hired way too many people a week that the hours got really short & people were working 6 hours a week which isn't fair at all. Overall, my manager was not good at what she did.

Inconsistant with their views as a company

Current Employee - Everything Except Grill Or Manager  in  O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Everything Except Grill Or Manager in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at Chipotle full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like the high standards we live and breathe by. The care we have for our customers is AWESOME. This would be a great "first job" or someone who is willing to give their soul to the company.

Cons

I wish Chipotle cared about our employees as much as the customers, especially wages since this is a restraunt and not fast food. In my state there are no break requirements, so about half of the time we do not get a break at our store, meaning no food in our stomachs for at least 7+ hours. From my personal experience, there is a lot of favoritism from management which makes other hard working employees frustrated.

Wages should not be based on personal relationships between manager and crew.. It should be based on hard work and dedication.

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!