Chipotle

www.chipotle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Fun and Energetic experience.

Current Employee - Line Worker in Jeffersonville, OH
Current Employee - Line Worker in Jeffersonville, OH

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free food, Not hard work, Free food, Stock options, room for growth.

Cons

Odd working hours, Some of the workers are unhappy with their lives.

Hire people who will represent the company better.

942 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

pretty good-first time in a restaurant. they're very fair.

Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (less than a year)

Pros

very friendly and understanding company, organic and hormone free food, very clean and safety conscious, only promotes from within, free lunch and paid breaks with half off 1 take home meal, says thank you and recognizes when you do anything, let's you leave if needed emotionally.

Cons

pays just a little over minimum wage, doesn't give you 40 hours a week even though stated did at interview, works you pretty hard-on your feet/pushed to be faster the entire shift.

could be a little softer on staff and let them have a breather every once in awhile especially if break given 2 hours into a 7 hour shift, but overall very good company.

Former Crew Member

Former Employee - Crew Member in Bountiful, UT
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Bountiful, UT

I worked at Chipotle part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, paid break, and free employee meal.

Cons

Trained a certain way by one manager and quickly found out it wasn't another's way of doing things which created a lot of confusion and apparently rendered me a "low performer" where I was verbally harassed and eventually in my opinion wrongfully terminated. It seemed as if there were more managers than employees, all of which were severally under qualified and on personal power trips. Employees including myself were regularly forced to work while sick/contagious even with the presence of a doctors note, which I thought was very unsanitary. The politics were terrible, and certain people generally got to fool around in the back while the person on the line was generally forced to do everything. I was regularly told to smile immediately after my job was threatened and was verbally harassed for being slow and confused from lack of formal training. This is Chipotles idea of helping their employees.

Hopefully you're in it for the long run because you won't have a successful management career anywhere else.

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle