There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

pretty good-first time in a restaurant. they're very fair.

Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Server in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

very friendly and understanding company, organic and hormone free food, very clean and safety conscious, only promotes from within, free lunch and paid breaks with half off 1 take home meal, says thank you and recognizes when you do anything, let's you leave if needed emotionally.

Cons

pays just a little over minimum wage, doesn't give you 40 hours a week even though stated did at interview, works you pretty hard-on your feet/pushed to be faster the entire shift.

could be a little softer on staff and let them have a breather every once in awhile especially if break given 2 hours into a 7 hour shift, but overall very good company.

677 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

Cult-Mentality

Former Employee - Tortilla Guy in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Tortilla Guy in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chipotle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free food, friendly co-workers. That's about it.

Cons

Cult mentality, absolute waste of perfectly fine food, underpaid labor.

When I was interviewed at Chipotle, I was asked if I was interested in managing my own restaurant someday. I'm a student; I have other ambitions than managing a Chipotle. A job that hires people "with no experience necessary" should not expect their employees to restauranteur their own Chipotle some day. Sometimes people just need a job. How difficult is that? I began to realize that this company hires people with the intention of them expanding the company, and ultimately making Chipotle more money in the future. I felt like their "ethics" were dismissed in the wake of this. How can I respect a company that prides themselves on the motto "food with integrity" when they throw away food when "it starts to look dry?" When you expose cooked meat to oxygen, it looks dry in like five minutes. That does not mean it's unfit to eat. This company needs of focus on what they stand for (ethics) instead of their capitalistic motivations.

Former Crew Member

Former Employee - Crew Member in Bountiful, UT
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Bountiful, UT

I worked at Chipotle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, paid break, and free employee meal.

Cons

Trained a certain way by one manager and quickly found out it wasn't another's way of doing things which created a lot of confusion and apparently rendered me a "low performer" where I was verbally harassed and eventually in my opinion wrongfully terminated. It seemed as if there were more managers than employees, all of which were severally under qualified and on personal power trips. Employees including myself were regularly forced to work while sick/contagious even with the presence of a doctors note, which I thought was very unsanitary. The politics were terrible, and certain people generally got to fool around in the back while the person on the line was generally forced to do everything. I was regularly told to smile immediately after my job was threatened and was verbally harassed for being slow and confused from lack of formal training. This is Chipotles idea of helping their employees.

Hopefully you're in it for the long run because you won't have a successful management career anywhere else.

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle