There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Great Part time job during summer

Current Employee - Cook in New York, NY
Current Employee - Cook in New York, NY

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefit
decent salary with great raises.

Cons

hours were sometime way to long.

677 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

Loved it.

Former Employee - Service Manager
    Former Employee - Service Manager

I worked at Chipotle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very fast promotions. Lots of opportunity to grow.

Cons

Overall hard and tiring on your feet

Training? What Training?

Former Employee - Crew Member in Englewood, OH
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Englewood, OH

I worked at Chipotle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

1) The pay was good. It was $8.25 per hour which is 40 cents above minimum wage in my state.

2) I met a few decent people while there and gained my first paid work experience ever.

3) One free meal per day…that’s if you have time to take your break which is seldom. Half off a meal on the days you don’t work.

Cons

1) There was no official training period. I came in my first day to watch maybe three or four short videos and by the next day I was working the line with the rest of my coworkers who had been there for a year already. Of course my coworkers had no time to explicitly explain the work they were doing so I just had to observe and pick it up as we went along. This resulted in a lot of contradictory information. This might have been somewhat tolerable if I didn’t receive a poor job review three weeks into my employment. My manager said I wasn’t progressing fast enough and I feel like my lack of training contributed to this greatly. How can I be expected to progress so quickly if I was never trained?

2) Lots of condescending attitudes. Managers, and certain coworkers, were in the habit of talking to you like you were 5 years old. Maybe that’s average in the work place but one kitchen manager was fired two weeks after I started for slapping a fellow coworker…that’s a little extreme. There just existed a general disrespect at this job and yet they wanted you to dedicate your life to this work.

3) Very many coworkers expressed to me that they had developed either Carpal tunnel syndrome or arthritis as a result of working there for too long. I too experience immense pain in my wrist after working there for a short time. It’s totally not worth risking your health in this way…

4) No one was on one accord. Like I said before there's so much contradictory information. So and so says do it this way and then the manager says do it that way. It’s crazy…you land in trouble virtually every day for doing your job the way you were taught by various misinformed individuals.

Train your employees. There’s a reason why half the new hires have either quit or were fired in less than six months and it’s because they don’t know what they’re doing and yet somehow you want them doing it at incredible speeds. Also hold yourself to your employees standards: if you can take 5 million smoke breaks why can't I get my lunch break every now and then?

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle