Chipotle

www.chipotle.com
  www.chipotle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Hard work, low pay- not the worst

Current Employee - Crew Member in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Crew Member in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Its an okay environment to work in. If you're a hard worker management will recognize that and show their appreciation by giving you the days you request off and will work with you to create a schedule that works for you. Raises every 6 months if you meet or exceed the standard.

Cons

Petty drama and bad hiring resulting in coworkers who don't work or follow standard procedures.

788 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

Chipotle has great expectations, but recklessly fails to execute them.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Lake Havasu City, AZ

I worked at Chipotle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free meal during your shift. The quality and integrity of the fresh ingredients are probably the best in fast food. Hourly wage is a about a dollar higher than the industry average. If you can survive the dangers and politics of working for Chipotle, you have the opportunity to earn a position with great pay and benefits.

Cons

I am young (20's) but this is still the most dangerous restaurant that has ever employed me.
    -Horrible burns from needlessly dangerous cleaning procedures. I would clean a 385 degree tortilla press with just a plastic wool scrubber. It would melt and I would inhale the smoke, every night. One night I was burned on my arm so bad I was shaky and nauseous. When I showed my managers they laughed and told me, "Welcome to the club," and then they proceeded to show off their burns.
    -You are expected to serve restaurant quality food with restaurant quality customer service without the tips. During spring break, aka 5 thousand dollar per day in sales, I would be lucky to make $5 in tips. Be prepared for people to leave all their trash on the tables without any kind of tip. Chipotle is high quality fast food, and the tips reflect that.
    -Raw meat is being handled by people that are either uneducated or just plain lazy (this includes management), and when customers complain about it, management simply offers to replace their meal. Raw meat has dangerous implications and the current procedures at Chipotle fails to make safety a priority, for their customers and employees.
    -During the training process, they push for employee accountability and loyalty, but in practice, the managers really just want you to shut up and do your job without questions. If you criticize procedure, then managers will label you as a complainer and make it their business to single you out for write-ups and fire you.
    -Lastly, if you are starting out as a crew member, they will squeeze as much out of you as possible. At the beginning, they promise that working for Chipotle is different and better than other fast food companies. These promises are mostly hollow and Chipotle fails to inform applicants of the all too common dangers that are entailed when working for them.

Improve safety of cleaning procedures, especially including the hot equipment. Separate equipment and surfaces that contact meat. Thorough education of how to safely handle and cook raw meat for all employees. Hiring procedure is sexist in the way that almost all women hired usually start on the line or register. This puts women at an disadvantage of progressing to Kitchen Manager because you must learn food preparation and grill procedures to be promoted, unlike cashier and salsa positions.

I liked it but its got really to much of high standards for what they expect of you.

Former Employee - Cashier in Union City, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Union City, CA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The food is good and healthy and you learn how to fold burritos.

Cons

There is way to much favoritism from the management for certain employees and its obvious.

If the management says and teaches us to do something they should follow through with it...

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle