There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

One of the most challenging and rewarding jobs I've ever had.

Current Employee - Service Manager
Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the people culture at Chipotle. We receive a ton of applications and we only hire the best of the best. After starting from the bottom and working my way up at Chipotle for a little over a year, I have a 401K, a week's paid vacation, and an employee stock purchase plan. Your hard work will be rewarded here. Chipotle is a growing company and there is a ton of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

It's the toughest job I've ever had. If you're not constantly working, be prepared to have a reality check. Prep and Grill at Chipotle are the toughest jobs. The workload is immense and at times it's excessive. The time expectations for Prep and Grill are super-human, and need to be revised to be more realistic.

Advice to Management

Listen to your crews and their concerns. Don't ever forget about the pepper. If you want to maintain 100% Chipotle high standards, then re-evaluate the time expectations or be prepared for your crews to cut corners.

reviews filtered by
  1. The Most Challenging and Most Rewarding Job I Have Ever Had...I Plan to Make This a Lifelong Career

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome People, Amazing Food, Great Benefits, Unlimited Opportunity for Growth, Rewards are Given to Top Performers and Culture Does NOT Allow Mediocre or Low Performers. You can start as a crew member and eventually run your own restaurant...they invest in you and give you the experience to change your life.

Cons

I have listed what I believe some would view as cons: extremely challenging "not for the faint of heart", sometimes promise more than we can deliver, constantly on your feet, everyone will push you to do better and faster work all the time, high pressure environment to acheive results.

Advice to Management

When looking at salaried managers, sometimes we believe they are not performing...perhaps they were not given enough mentoring or teaching to perfom well. All I would ask is we really look at how quickly a person may have been promoted and then find a way to get them consistent in restaurant mentoring to give them every advantage.

2. Dont waste your time there

Current Employee - Kitchen Manager
    Current Employee - Kitchen Manager

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

free meal and flexible schedule

Cons

High employee turnover.. A store can basically have new GM's constantly when they fail to become a "Restauranteur" and when a new GM comes in, you may have no idea if that GM will decide to keep you... EVERYONE is expected to develop to become a "Restaurantuer" so if your not developing to the next step, you will be considered a "development Block" for others who do want to go up in the company. Managers there work extremely hard and get very poor pay, the benefits are poor, and the higher ups only care about their personal bonuses when someone gets promoted.. Its just bad and a scam..

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle