Chipotle

www.chipotle.com
  www.chipotle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

One of the most challenging and rewarding jobs I've ever had.

Current Employee - Service Manager
Current Employee - Service Manager

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the people culture at Chipotle. We receive a ton of applications and we only hire the best of the best. After starting from the bottom and working my way up at Chipotle for a little over a year, I have a 401K, a week's paid vacation, and an employee stock purchase plan. Your hard work will be rewarded here. Chipotle is a growing company and there is a ton of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

It's the toughest job I've ever had. If you're not constantly working, be prepared to have a reality check. Prep and Grill at Chipotle are the toughest jobs. The workload is immense and at times it's excessive. The time expectations for Prep and Grill are super-human, and need to be revised to be more realistic.

Listen to your crews and their concerns. Don't ever forget about the pepper. If you want to maintain 100% Chipotle high standards, then re-evaluate the time expectations or be prepared for your crews to cut corners.

794 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

This is a great company, and I can totally see myself working here for a very long time.

Current Employee - Crew in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Crew in Newark, DE

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great environment, the crew and managers all work hard and respect each other.
    Great food, my first day there i learned they don't even have a freezer, so all their food has to be fresh.
    Great work, there's always something to do, but it doesn't ever feel too hectic. It makes the day go by fast, and you pick up on it really fast.

Cons

I haven't personally seen anything wrong with the company, however there are some people who work there aren't as motivated as others and i can sense there is some resentment in the air. But that is just with a few employees, at my one store.

Keep up the great work! Keep communicating with your employees about the company and about the store's individual goals and visions.

More than just mexican food!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Chipotle full-time

Pros

Didnt realize this company had bigger goals than just providing food. We have an incredible people culture, positive impact on society, constantly trying to do better, and most importantly promote from within.

Cons

While I havent been working at headquarters long I honestly dont know what else to say besides we all work harder and longer hours than most people. We like to work when our restaurants are in business and because of how widespread we are that means we are basically constantly working. I do love it though!

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle