Chipotle

www.chipotle.com

One of the most challenging and rewarding jobs I've ever had.

Current Employee - Service Manager
Current Employee - Service Manager

Pros

I love the people culture at Chipotle. We receive a ton of applications and we only hire the best of the best. After starting from the bottom and working my way up at Chipotle for a little over a year, I have a 401K, a week's paid vacation, and an employee stock purchase plan. Your hard work will be rewarded here. Chipotle is a growing company and there is a ton of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

It's the toughest job I've ever had. If you're not constantly working, be prepared to have a reality check. Prep and Grill at Chipotle are the toughest jobs. The workload is immense and at times it's excessive. The time expectations for Prep and Grill are super-human, and need to be revised to be more realistic.

Listen to your crews and their concerns. Don't ever forget about the pepper. If you want to maintain 100% Chipotle high standards, then re-evaluate the time expectations or be prepared for your crews to cut corners.

Other reviews for Chipotle

Dont waste your time there

Current Employee - Kitchen Manager
    Current Employee - Kitchen Manager

Pros

free meal and flexible schedule

Cons

High employee turnover.. A store can basically have new GM's constantly when they fail to become a "Restauranteur" and when a new GM comes in, you may have no idea if that GM will decide to keep you... EVERYONE is expected to develop to become a "Restaurantuer" so if your not developing to the next step, you will be considered a "development Block" for others who do want to go up in the company. Managers there work extremely hard and get very poor pay, the benefits are poor, and the higher ups only care about their personal bonuses when someone gets promoted.. Its just bad and a scam..

Horrible Place to work!!!

Former Employee - Service Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Service Manager in New York, NY

Pros

I can not think of pros for this company.

Cons

Their system does not make any sense at all. They steal hours from you by editing them without you knowing. By the way, the place looks clean but if you know all the things that happen in the kitchen, you will never eat there. Prep people are dicing onions and their mucus, and tears are falling down to the onions. I saw it and stop eating salsas.

They need new managers.

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle.

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!