Decent Job

Current Employee - Crew Member
Current Employee - Crew Member

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

Great team atmosphere, fairly simple work, reasonable hope for advancement within the company, and, best of all, very lenient free food policy

Cons

None unique to Chipotle, just the cons you would expect as a worker in the food service industry

Advice to Management

No complaints, management seems to be doing well at the moment

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Inconsiderate and miserable

Former Employee - Crew Member in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Nashville, TN

I worked at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free meals, advancement opportunities, will hire ANYONE

Cons

My "manager" was a 20 year old punk who regularly threatened our jobs and was involved in a number of illegal activities. I was a student just trying to get by, and I feel Chipotle completely took advantage of my desperation to work my way through college. I was treated very unfairly. For example, after taking a single day off due to medical emergency, I was told my job was on the line because I had become "unreliable". We were also forced to pass a terrible case of the flu around the restaurant for several weeks or risk being fired ( as several employees were for refusing to come in with the flu). I was also paid significantly less than my coworkers for precisely the same jobs. I discovered at the end of my time there that I earned at least $2 less hourly than my coworkers who had been there for half the time I had.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting "ambitious" teenagers to manage in your Nashville locations. I dealt with two horrible, too young managers, and they created by far the worst work environment I have encountered. It has been three years, and I still feel furious when I look back on my work experience with Chipotle.

It's good as long as you aren't trying to go too far.....

Former Employee - Restaurateur/General Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Restaurateur/General Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Chipotle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quality food, pleasant atmosphere. Owner and CEO are great guys......

Cons

Great ownership and leadership at top doesn't trickle down very far anymore. Misogynistic area leaders (definitely in my area, heard from others it exists elsewhere) prevent promotion of talented female leaders and focus attention on male leaders who have failed multiple times to achieve promotion. Rules tend to be different depending on who you are friends with....almost a high school clique environment. Chipotle broke my professional heart.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and see that you are taking good care of the upper class and lower class, but you are really sticking it to the middle leaders in your organization.....more hours, stagnant pay, denied bonuses......and worst of all, low recognition.