Chipotle

www.chipotle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Former Employee - Crew Member in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Crew Member in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Chipotle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

pushed you to do better, and they always help you to learn different techniques and the different aspects of chipotle

Cons

I had clean tables and the bathrooms; I didn't know cleaning bathrooms were part of being a cashier

791 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

Chipotle - NYC Cook

Current Employee - Cook - Grill in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Cook - Grill in New York, NY

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good high energy crew members. Development journals to give crew members the road map.

Cons

Grill 1 and 2 should be paid a higher wage than crew positions considering that the work is a lot more difficult and physical and demanding. Once you get really good at a crew position, you will not be moved to another position. The ability of rising within the ranks seems fictional, more like favoritism. Everyone speaks spanish all day even though this is an American corporation, makes the non spanish speaking crew members feel alienated. Not enough hours given to crew members. People are sent home if its slow, even if they were scheduled to work longer hours. No access to management above the GM of the store.

Have management above the store GM meet with each crew individual for 5 minutes to hear feedback about the work situation and store. Management can gain some very good insight for minimal time investment. It will keep the GM honest in how they treat and promote their crew members.

Terrible place to work for a first job

Current Employee - Team Member in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (less than an year)

Pros

team members were friendly, around the same age group (college kids).

Cons

On my first day there, with absolutely no job experience i was put as cashier. With the line going to the door, i did not know what to do, and a team member was helping me but i was slowing down the line.Customers looked angry. Even snatched there credit cards from my hand. I was stressed out that i could not sleep at night because i did not want to go back. They should train new employees instead of throwing them out there on the line or cashier. The next day i was expected to know what to do, being cashier, WHILE cleaning the diner, tables, and outside while it was busy. Also i was told i was going to be training NEW employees, It was the worst experience. To make it worse, its been over 4 months and chipotle has not paid me for the days that i did work.

They should train new employees before throwing them out there on the line or cashier.

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle