Chipotle

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Overwhelmed

Current Employee - General Manager in Bowling Green, OH
Current Employee - General Manager in Bowling Green, OH

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is very people oriented. If you want to advance quickly it can happen

Cons

This company promotes a very laid back atmosphere but doesn't take into account that when you promote young people to leaders you are not setting them up success when dealing with such a laid back young environment. Upper management doesn't understand how to not micro manage everything.

Trust the people you put in certain positions. We are all adults, and if you don't trust us, then were not meant for that position. It cripples confidence and progression.

794 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

Honesty and hard work not enough

Former Employee - Apprentice General Manager in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Apprentice General Manager in Newport News, VA

I worked at Chipotle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have a great concept. A great product and some great people. I loved my job.

Cons

They don't care enough about effort and desire or dedication to the company or the team. If you can't promote people in a timely manner your done. I'm not mad, I'm disappointed that I put so much time and personal energy into a company I worked hard for and believed in so strongly and was discarded so easily.

When people bleed for you, give them more than a thanks your a great guy but go away. Live up to the "13" and treat the ones who have it better.

Fast- paced demanding job

Current Employee - Crew Member
    Current Employee - Crew Member

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great co-workers, free employee meal, and a flexible schedule. Management is always pushing you to become a more efficient worker.

Cons

Exhausting shifts! The lines are out of the doors the majority of the time, so you can expect to be constantly moving/ running around your entire shift without much of a break sometimes. Customers can also be very picky/ don't understand the menu, so you have to have a lot of patience to help them out. It is a lot of work for the hourly wage you receive.

Make it easier for crew members to take off a day of work. There are usually not enough employees to have somebody cover your shift, since the restaurant is so busy.

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle