There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Chipotle is NOT a great place to work

Former Employee - Crew Member in Chino Hills, CA
Former Employee - Crew Member in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Meals when working.
50% off when you're not working
Some of the co-workers become friends

Cons

young people running the company
too many little hierarchies within lower management
the friend's of the managers will get the promotions
sometimes when there is an open manager spot, the GM will pull from a different store instead of within

Advice to Management

Grow up and learn how to manage a store. A boss and a leader are two different things. Quit being so lazy and riding off the crew to do everything.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Better than Fast Food work. Still not what I enjoy.

Current Employee - Cashier and Crew Member
    Current Employee - Cashier and Crew Member

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pays well considering it is a fast food place, easy to get time off and work around your schedule, offers insurance and 401k plan. Free meals when you work, so plenty of compensation. Learn a lot about organic farming and naturally raised animals.

Cons

Chipotle takes over your life, literally. If you choose to work full time, prepare to work double shifts with one day off a week. The paycheck is nice, but not worth spending all your time there. After a few months you will hate your job. Customers are jerks, your coworkers become rude, and management plays favorites. I definitely hate working in the food industry and this was probably the most tolerable jobs I had, but there are definitely some major flaws.

Advice to Management

Stop with the favoritism, train people before throwing them to the wolves, and fire people who deserve it.

2. A great place to grow and learn about the meaning of hard-work and its sweet rewards.

Former Employee - Crew Member (Front Line) in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member (Front Line) in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Chipotle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced atmosphere that truly challenges one's energy levels but at the same time trains them for any possible barriers in the work place. It is also quite chill and friendly, which allows the co-workers to freely mingle and socialize.

Cons

I felt like one can be over-seen by others even though one works hard or possible harder than others. One tries to keep a smiling face but sometimes the job can be truly tasking. If you don't work enough hours, or it isn't given to you; then you will never be promoted. You don't feel like you're given the chance to move up, which is one of the biggest downsides to working there.

Advice to Management

I suppose my only advice would be to pay more attention to each employee. Don't neglect to see new employees simply because you think they are rookies. Those who has worked at Chipotle may slack off and they would be off-the-hook, thinking they're permanents so it doesn't matter. It just makes new employees feel bitter and on the inside.

Chipotle Response

Jul 10, 2014Recruitment Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We take these comments seriously, and we will make sure to share them with our teams. We hope to take these comments and improve our employee ... More