There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Great till the end.

Current Employee - General Manager in Eatontown, NJ
Current Employee - General Manager in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Tons of room for advancement, great vision, great food, and great people culture.

Cons

Extremely high standards and expectations and sometimes not achievable. Always looking to do more with less.

When someone puts their blood and sweat into making your company grow for 8 years. When it comes time to let them go, a severance would be nice way to say thank you. 8 years and all I get is "there is the door ."

677 Other Employee Reviews for Chipotle (View Most Recent)

A Reality Check

Current Employee - Crew Member
    Current Employee - Crew Member

I have been working at Chipotle

Pros

-paid lunch break
    -free meals on days you work and 50% off on days your off
    -awesome food
    -working for a company that you can be proud to represent

Cons

-actually having a job that makes you work??? (Heavy sarcasm here)
    -the tip jar isnt obvious, on the counter, which kind of sucks

So i have to say that when i got hired at Chipotle I came onto this website to see what working there would be like and honestly some of these reviews made me want to QUIT as soon as i got hired.
    I'm so happy i didnt.

Ive been working at Chipotle for a little over a month now.
    I was 18, fresh out of high school and had no job experience when i applied. I was basically having a miserable time trying to find a job before Chipotle hired me. Places actually frowned upon the fact that i was 18 and had no job experience.

But Chipotle was not like other places, which i thought was really awesome.
    I was pretty nervous when i started working and made LOTS of mistakes and messes on the line
    But my gm, and managers kept an eye on me and had my coworkers help me and teach me ways to do things in a fast and clean manner.

Now, over a month later; i can work the whole line on my own; Ive learned how to cut and shred cheese, properly wash dishes, take care of dining, clear the drains and clean the fryers.
    Theyre always teaching me new things.

Ive seen lots of other new hires come here and get SO frustrated within my month here and i think the problem is that they expected this job to be like other jobs that practically pay their employees to do nothing, while at Chipotle, employees are ALWAYS doing something.
    I think its a big reality check for some of the new hires haha, because we actually work for our money.

I noticed that a lot of people are complaining about their managers on here as well, and i've got to say; if you cant adjust yourself in a way to work with your managers, youre at the WRONG job.

Chipotle is all about dealing with customers practically one-on-one, some that are even rude. I think people need to understand that even if people are rude (customers or your managers) you shouldnt let that that effect how you work.
    At first i found some of my managers intimidating, and rude; it always seemed like they underestimated me; but i learned not to let that get to me. I did as they told me too, always to the best of my ability and never gave them a reason to have any other ill feelings about me. I actually think now the managers that didn't like me are starting to warm up to me because I'm always doing what they ask + anything i can do extra.

We're busy ALL the time, and people always compliment us on how well we handle the lines outside the door and the rude customers.
    I always leave work, tired but happy and feeling accomplished.

With that being said; working at Chipotle has been overall amazing experience so far and for anyone thats a new hire dont let these reviews scare you away!

Never stops

Current Employee - Take Out Specialist in Hialeah, FL
    Current Employee - Take Out Specialist in Hialeah, FL

I have been working at Chipotle part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Chance to move up in management, raises every 6 months and great benefits

Cons

Too much for for the pay and it never stops

There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle