There are newer employer reviews for Chipotle

Great Team, Great Food, Garbage Management and unhealthy work tools!!

Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For food service the Teams and Food are way above par. Yes the work is hard, but he perks are better than other food service. Work hard and have fun..

Cons

1. Resturanters are only in it to CYA- they will stab anyone in the back to keep the company car. Every one that I talked to bragged about not having to work after they got the promotion (and we only saw ours 1 time in 10 months)
2. GMs(9 of the 10 i met) managed from the office cameras not the floor. In one store the manager would call the front line from the other line to complain about what they saw on the camera rather than come out and coach or help the team.
3. They preach it is all about the ' People, Food and Culture' but from a management point of view it is all about making sure no one is able to do there job as then they believe they would be replaceable (and they are as they don't have a clue as they were trained by people trying to protect there own jobs the same way)
4. Lack of real accountability, in the year i worked there as a GM I never once met my boss, but I did meet 5 Resturanters (and if they were good GMs at one time, getting promoted cured them of that) If I owned a company I would not hire any of them to even scrub garbage cans)
5. Everything is hand cut. This is a future Class Action Lawsuit waiting to happen. Every prep person that I have met has either shooting arm pain or CT due to repetitive motion with duller and duller knifes. This is the 21st century, us a Hobart or pay for it for knowingly and willingly injuring your Team.

Advice to Management

You are not reinventing food service, the big boys did the same stuff you did 20 years ago, learn from them or suffer.
1. Get slicers or you will continue to cripple you employees.
2. Standardize your Resturanter certifications, and re certify them every 6 months, you will be surprised.
3. Conduct monthly online tests for Team and Management.
4. Raise the desks in the offices and remove the chairs. Get your managers back on the food lines and sales floor.
5. Make it really about the Food, People and Culture not about reports, cameras, stopwatches and scared managers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Too much work for such little pay.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a bitter sweet experience it was fun at times but most of the time it was hard work. It's nothing you can't handle but it's just not worth the low wage.

Cons

It's a tough job in general it actually is more complicated than people expect it to be. I came in thinking it would be a cake walk, but I was wrong. Don't give up though, it gets easier. It's all about getting into the feel of things. If it's all you can get then take it but I recommend getting out as fast as you can it's really not worth it. Everyone I knew there hated their job.

Advice to Management

I'd recommend paying your employees a higher wage. The price of the food has gone up so I think it wouldn't hurt to help some of your workers out a bit.

2. busy environment

Current Employee - Crew Member in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good reasons to work here, when you hit overtime it goes into 12 dollars an hour! Friendly staff. Flexible schedule.

Cons

Many challenges would be the customers. They watch you & it kinda puts you under pressure, nervous, or you'll mess up

Advice to Management

Treat everyone equally.