There are newer employer reviews for Chiquita Brands

Lots of learning and being part of a rebuidling

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Chiquita Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very unstructured environment operating within a very flat org structure. You are given plenty of freedom to make decisions. With the recent relocation to Charlotte, they are definitely in transition mode. Multiple people within Senior Management has been replaced or choose not to relocate, so there are many new people with new/fresh ideas. Management sets out a plan and they look for their teams to execute initiatives that enforce this plan. I've been able to learn a lot about a new industry which has helped broaden my overall business knowledge and work with some great people. Its definitely a different(and more positive) environment than some of the other large employers in town. The new CEO has put together a strong vision for the future, which should result in growth.

Cons

It can be tough is you are not accustomed to an unstructured environment. You have to figure a lot out on your own. Its a company in transition, so there are some growing pains.

Advice to Management

Stick to your plan to ensure growth. Don't forget to keep the employees happy.

Other Employee Reviews for Chiquita Brands

1. On a sinking ship - get out before it sinks

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chiquita Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits not much more I can say.

Cons

management has no clue what thy are doing or the true feelings of the employees; double standards is rampant; layoffs annually; cutting cost until there is nothing left to cut and then want employees to cut back more.

2. Working at Chiquita has been a great experience with Mentoring and the opportunity to better myself.

Current Employee - Focused Improvement Manager in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Focused Improvement Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Chiquita Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to Advance Mentoring with someone I choose Gave me the opportunity to work in the food industry I was given the opportunity to work at my pace.

Cons

Work in Silo's I do not report to my plant manager Boss is in another state so when I do need to speak with them they are often hard to get a hold of

Advice to Management

Need to look at getting rid of all Silo's and have the individual departments work for the plant manager's.