Chiquita Brands

www.chiquita.com

Lots of learning and being part of a rebuidling

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsVery unstructured environment operating within a very flat org structure. You are given plenty of freedom to make decisions. With the recent relocation to Charlotte, they are definitely in transition mode. Multiple people within Senior Management has been replaced or choose not to relocate, so there are many new people with new/fresh ideas. Management sets out a plan and they look for their teams to execute initiatives that enforce this plan.

I've been able to learn a lot about a new industry which has helped broaden my overall business knowledge and work with some great people. Its definitely a different(and more positive) environment than some of the other large employers in town.

The new CEO has put together a strong vision for the future, which should result in growth.

ConsIt can be tough is you are not accustomed to an unstructured environment. You have to figure a lot out on your own. Its a company in transition, so there are some growing pains.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to your plan to ensure growth. Don't forget to keep the employees happy.

On a sinking ship - get out before it sinks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Chiquita Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Benefits not much more I can say. Cons: management has no clue what thy are doing or the true feelings of the employees; double standards is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Working at Chiquita has been a great experience with Mentoring and the opportunity to better myself.

Focused Improvement Manager (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Chiquita Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros: Opportunity to Advance Mentoring with someone I choose Gave me the opportunity to work… Cons: Work in Silo's I do not report to my plant manager Boss is in another state so… Advice to Senior Management: Need to look at getting rid of all Silo's and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Chiquita Brands.

Worked for Chiquita Brands? Contribute to the Community!