Great Culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Chiquita Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros

More open, relaxed, less stressful culture than companies I've worked for in the past. Employees work together to ensure the job gets done. Many executives are approachable. Company cares about environment and the community.

Cons

Employees feel that their voices aren't heard by upper management. Raises have been too low recently--where is the motivation?

Implement a program where you can listen to ideas and concerns from the mid- and lower-level employees. The company would GREATLY benefit from this.

Other Reviews for Chiquita Brands

Ship without a rudder

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Chiquita Brands full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great brand and product. Great logistics management people

Cons

Board doesn't understand what it takes to pull away from the competition and build their brand. They are too short sighted to implement a marketing strategy and stay committed through short term bumps in sales revenue

Set a vision and commit to a minimal investment in building that vision. Don't back off of a long term strategy on bananas due to underperforming salad business with Fresh Express.

Chiquita aka Stress Express

Former Employee - Office Worker  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Office Worker in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chiquita Brands full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A great place to work if you are a workaholic -your dedication will be valued by executive leadership. In all seriousness -if you love to work and don't have a personal life, a family or many hobbies -this is the place for you.

Cons

Since I am not one of those people (as described above), it wasn't for me. The workload for one human being was ridiculous. I am a hard worker and don't mind putting in a little extra time, even on Saturdays, here and there. However, I don't think the organization has realistic job descriptions / workload figured out by position. I felt extremely overwhelmed -like no matter how focused and dedicated I was, I could never catch up. That is a super depressing feeling. When you leave work at the end of the day, you want to feel like you've accomplished something or created a proactive process. I just dreaded going in the next day, knowing that I would be overwhelmed again and that my work would sit, piled up. Additionally, I have never been so unhappy -I suffered some real emotional / medical problems while there. There were many tears shed on many a car ride home. My doctor told me, point blank, to get another job or my condition was going to get worse.

The irony about Chiquita / "Stress Express" is that you are a company that promotes healthy products. So, please, I beg you -look out for the health of your workers. Do not create such unrealistic expectations -the health and well being of your workers is depending on it. Listen to all the employees in the organization and really create solutions from their feedback, not just lip service. All of the employees are the ones working hard to create a profitable company -why not at least treat them with respect and reward them by creating better work life balance so they can work hard while at work, but enjoy time with friends and family too.

There are newer employer reviews for Chiquita Brands.

Worked for Chiquita Brands? Contribute to the Community!